ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Our only option????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NYCgirlUKboy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Marriage Our only option????

Post by NYCgirlUKboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi. I am in need of some desperate help. I have currently talked to 2 immigration attorneys and also someone from the UK Government about how I can move to the UK from the US to be with my boyfriend/partner of 3 years.

Here is our background and a little information.

He is from the UK
I am from the US
We met 3 years ago and fell madly in love and have been traveling across the pond to see each other.
We now see each other approximately 3 weeks out of every month whether he travels to the US or I go to the UK or we go on holiday.
I own my own business in the US and can relocate
He owns is own business in the UK and cannot relocate (children)
We really don't want to get married because we do not want to have anymore children and I would hate to get married just for papers.
We are buying a house together in the UK - offer has been accepted - just waiting for the closing

After speaking with everyone, my choices are:
Get married
have 200,000 in the bank (which I dont have because of the house)
Visitor Visa (i can only stay for 6 months out of a year)
Work Visa (I have my own company)
Student Visa (Just will not work with my work schedule)
Partner Visa - even though we have been together for 3 years, we must have been living together for 2 but if we cannot get a visa, then how are we to live together???

Does anyone have any other ideas? A loop hole. Please help. We are about to close on the house soon and I am really sad that I have no other choices but marriage...

Yours truly,
NYCgirlUKboy

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage Our only option????

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

No loopholes.

Plus staying the full 6 months in every 12 on visit visa waiver is a no-no too - sooner or later you'll get caught. Visa is for visits not part time residency....

No options I'm afraid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....