ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born children and ILR or BC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

UK born children and ILR or BC

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi all,
My first post under ILR
When I will (IA) apply for ILR should I apply for ILR for my children or should I wait for my decision and if gets ILR then apply children dependents directly for BC (all 3 UK born).

I gathered from this forum, to avoid hefty sum in fee (definitely will be a lot for 3 kids) to hold and apply for their BC (If I get ILR) as they are UK born so they do not need to apply ILR.

They have travelled abroad already on dependent visa and currently on dependent Tier1 Enter.

Any legal impact if their Visa expires and I do not apply their ILR and wait for mine first (IA)

Regards and thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK born children and ILR or BC

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

UK born children DO NOT require ILR and can be registered as British once either parent is granted ILR. No impact if their visas expires. You can however expect HO to query about the children and why you are not applying for them with your ILR application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm
UK born children DO NOT require ILR and can be registered as British once either parent is granted ILR. No impact if their visas expires. You can however expect HO to query about the children and why you are not applying for them with your ILR application.
Thanks CR01 for the prompt reply.
What should be the answer (If there is query)?
I guess I can't say that I m saving application fee☺Or should I say we have no immediate travel plan or?
Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 pm

You can say as follows :

As my child xyz and abc are born in the UK on 123 and 466, I will be registering them as British under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act once my ILR is processed and successful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 pm
You can say as follows :

As my child xyz and abc are born in the UK on 123 and 466, I will be registering them as British under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act once my ILR is processed and successful.
Brilliant.Thanks for this valuable input.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 pm

You are welcome, good luck :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)