ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

you may help, advice are welcome

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the sting
Newly Registered

you may help, advice are welcome

Post by the sting » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Here our story,

Entered UK in 2000 illegally, year 2003 married a woman and I've had only 6 months Visa, wanted to make an extension but with no success and divorced this woman on 2004.

My Girl (EU National) joined me on August 2005 and we are still living together until now, she is working since December 2005 until now.

Proxy marriage!!??!! I don't get this.
My country stopped recognizing Proxy marriages in the summer 2005 but with some intelligent calculation my lawyer back home succeeded to get us married legally. No doggy stuff

we went to start our application just few weeks ago and we found out that my lawyer have already visited our consulate website, from there, he refused to take our application on the basis of the marriage (so called Proxy marriage) and instead he will make an application to the HO in the basis that we have been living together since she entered this country, we provided all the proofs, bills, pictures, everything and so on.

Do you think all that we will have a chance to get this sorted? UK means a lot now to me and I don't want to go again to my dear country (sorry) and start again from the scratch?

Please advise!!
ta