ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myaotako
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor visa query

Post by myaotako » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

My husband is currently staying in the UK as a standard visitor visa holder (valid until december 7, 2017). Initially on the application, he was only gonna stay here until june (2weeks after arrival) but then circumstances changed so he is planning to go home in november now. Would that be a problem? Is there a standard number of days that a visitor should leave before visa expires? And we are planning for him to reapply on December but this time as a Tier 2 general migrant dependant. Would that cause if any problems or not? Many thanks😊

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:53 am

myaotako wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am
My husband is currently staying in the UK as a standard visitor visa holder (valid until december 7, 2017). Initially on the application, he was only gonna stay here until june (2weeks after arrival) but then circumstances changed so he is planning to go home in november now. Would that be a problem? Is there a standard number of days that a visitor should leave before visa expires? And we are planning for him to reapply on December but this time as a Tier 2 general migrant dependant. Would that cause if any problems or not? Many thanks😊
Yes it will, I'm afraid it's viewed as deception.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

myaotako
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by myaotako » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am

What do you suggest we can do? Cant we explain it on a letter why he had to extend? And he will not be returning as a visitor bu.t rather a dependant the next time he applies

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 pm

myaotako wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am
What do you suggest we can do? Cant we explain it on a letter why he had to extend? And he will not be returning as a visitor bu.t rather a dependant the next time he applies
If the reasons are compelling like civil war, tsunami etc yes, should be ok.

What would be the reason in this case?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

myaotako
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by myaotako » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 pm

We recently got married and when he arrived, we deemed that a short holiday wouldn't be sufficient for us to be together and I wanted him to try living here first before he can decide to leave his job back home. And then I found a house that can accommodate the two of us so he had to help me with that. Wouldn't that be sufficient? And he will be applying the next time as my dependant (im a tier 2 general migrant visa holder) not as a visitor visa. And I fully shouldered all his expenses when he was here, haven't taken from any public funds and didnt work here as well.