ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ejothiprakash
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by ejothiprakash » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi All,

Im on tier 2 Dependant and the company that I'm working for is now happy to sponsor my T2 General.
Couple of Questions are
1. How can I go through a Labour Market test if I'm already an employee of the company?
2. Should I take a Labour Market test?
3. Is there any base salary expectation for this switch?

Kind Regards,
Joe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 pm

1. How can I go through a Labour Market test if I'm already an employee of the company?

Your company must do the RLMT not you. If they are an HO approved sponsor, they will know what must be done and it must be done BEFORE they can offer the position and issue a COS. They will have to prove there is no setteled/British or EU citizen that is suitable for the job.
2. Should I take a Labour Market test?

You will likely need to follow the same process as other applicants. Difficult if the RLMT is for a position you are already in and you need to be sure that the RLMT is not tailored to you and therefore excludes anyone else. HO will want to be sure you are not 'pre-selected'.
3. Is there any base salary expectation for this switch?

Minimum of £30,000pa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.