ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherland visa for British Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jiji1290
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Netherland visa for British Spouse

Post by Jiji1290 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi,

My husband decided to book a trip to Amsterdam for our anniversary quite last minute and i just handed in my application yesterday in VFS centre London.
I know the processing time advised is minimum of 15 daysas VFS has to send documents to the Netherlands. But im meant to betravelling on 23rd October.

Has anyone applied for the Netherland Schengen and got their visa before the advised time?

Thanks

Two9A
Newly Registered

Re: Netherland visa for British Spouse

Post by Two9A » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:45 pm

I can't give you current timeframes, since I'm actually in the same boat: submission to VFS made on the 3rd, and my wife was advised that processing time would be 15 days.

What I can do is provide timescales for the first time she applied: application was filed May 1, at which time she was advised that the timeframe was 3 weeks. The decision came back on the 21st, one day early (it was a refusal, but let's not dwell on that).

We can only wait and see how things pan out. I'll try to remember to update when a decision is reached, since my wife's two days ahead in the queue.

waltwalter
Newly Registered

Post by waltwalter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm in same boat. I need to travel on 13/10/17 and applied on 29/09/17 in Manchester VFS thinking I would get my visa within few days but still waiting.

All other schengen visas I applied in the past to France, Germany, Greece, Iceland and Spain I received within a week but this is taking time.

I should have applied before few weeks but thought as other schengen visas came within a week this one will be the same.

Jiji1290
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jiji1290 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:46 pm

I dont know why Nl is so slow in issuing visa.
It makes me feel worse knowing that Im on the list of countries that would need consultation with other members of state.
I hope we get our visas on time. Please do update once you receive your visa.

Jiji1290
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Jiji1290 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 pm

So i got my passport back today. It has been exactly a week since I applied. Good luck to everyone else.

Two9A
Newly Registered

Post by Two9A » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Update from my end: after 14 days (out of the initially projected 15), application has come back denied as suspected abuse of free movement. I expect everyone applying for a 2004/38 visa based on a spouse moving from the UK, is getting these denials.

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm

What was the proof?

Visa handbook C(2010) 1620 final part III 3.8 Refusal to issue a visa

A family member may be refused a visa exclusively on the following grounds:
• the visa applicant failed to demonstrate that he is covered by the Directive on the
basis of the visa application and attached supporting documents under point 3.6
(i.e. it is clear that the reply to at least one of the three questions referred to above
is negative);
• the national authorities demonstrate that the visa applicant is a genuine, present
and sufficiently serious threat to public policy, public security or public health; or
• the national authorities demonstrate that there was abuse or fraud.

Two9A
Newly Registered

Post by Two9A » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm

No proof was provided. There were three pages in the notice of refusal:

- Notification form, with "Refused" and "Insufficient justification for the purpose and circumstances" checked (in Dutch);
- Refusal wording (in English);
- Refusal wording and address to which to submit an appeal (in Dutch).

As the previous application was refused on appeal, with no reason given for refusal, my wife isn't tempted to wait through the four-month appeal timeline again in the hope of obtaining no answer.