ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Req for UK Naturalisation Application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

damy
Newly Registered

Good Character Req for UK Naturalisation Application.

Post by damy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi Guru's

I'm about to apply for Naturalisation; one year after my getting my ILR.

Please, I need some advice on which of these offenses should I include in "the good character requirement" section.

1) A CCJ in Sept 2010 (No longer on my credit file since it been over six years)
2) I drove without a license in Dec 2011 and was convicted in Jan 2012 (i got a 3 point, paid a fine of £85, I didn't go to court I just accepted the offense)
3) I have also got about three parking offenses, but I can't remember the actual dates (except the most recent one)

Also, can I apply using my current expired passport (Nigerian)? I've tried to renew since July, but still have not got it renewed by Nigerian House.

baddy
United Kingdom

Re: Good Character Req for UK Naturalisation Application.

Post by baddy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Declare your CCJ and the FPN for driving without licence. These 2 records are there in your name. Not declaring them will have negative effect on your application.

If you pay the parking fines on time and there is no enforcement involved, you dont need to worry your head about them.

Yes, you can apply with your expired Nigerian passport, a frriend applied with his expired Nigerian passport and everything went fine.

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi
i called to Home office and i spoke with three different solicitors and they told me FPN ONLY should be declare if you got in last 12 months.if its only one and more than 12 months old you do not need to declare.

damy
Newly Registered

Post by damy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am

thanks, Baddy and KH1 for your quick response, I believe mentioning the PFN and CCJ will not have an impact on my application considering the time.