ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

workpermit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chef biryani
Newly Registered

workpermit

Post by chef biryani » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi
i joined a chain of pubs as chef on a work permit
after my first month the company was sold to new owners ,which were actually part of old company.
i asked them to transfer my workpermit ,which they said will happen automatically.
its been 1& half year and i found out that i actually need to transfer my workpermit.(i did get my visa stamped with no problem eventhough the workpermit & payslips both had different company names)
but the company is doing it now.
do you think it will be a good idea to change my job & tell the new company to do the work permit,so i will not have to wait for my old workpermit. OR
also my wife have got her ILR, do you think with my current status will it be a problem to switch from workpermit to spouse visa because my bank statement shows that the salary comes from different company & my workpermit is for different company.
Can some one please help
thanks a lot