ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dates out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GO61

dates out of UK

Post by GO61 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi
Me and my spouse applied for citizenship through NCS on 22nd May 2017 (timelines below).
My question is: my spouse's days out of the UK was 105 days vs the 90 days limit. In guidance it was saying it is at the caseworker's discretion if there are no other issues on the application plus if strong ties to UK are demonstrated , so we submitted the application with a letter explaining why it is 105 days (due to elongated family visit due to death of a family member) and ties to UK (being married to myself and been living at the same address since 2011.

It's been over 4 months since the application and we need the result pretty quickly, because of another matter. I know it's normally up to 6 months but what I'm wondering is: if they were going to ask for extra documents because of my spouse being over the 90 days limit, they would probably have already asked for them till now right? So I'm hoping it is unlikely that they'll come back after 4-5 months and ask for extra documents? So should our minds be at ease do you think??

Also - if they require extra docs for my spouse, would they hold up mine too (even though there was no issue on my application) just because they were submitted together?

Would appreciate experienced members/moderators opinions on both points.

Timeline below:

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 Year ILR
Language Criteria: LIUK + IELTS Life Skills
Nationality: Turkish
Method of application: NCS - London
Date of application: 22/05/17
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement email/letter: 02/06/17
Date of debit of fees: 05/06/17
Date of Biometrics letter issued: 02/06/17
Date of Biometrics letter received: not sure
Date Biometrics enrolled: 12/06/17
Online status: last updated 02.06.17 "awaiting decision"
Date on Approval letter: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
Date of Passport Application: 22/05/17
Date Passport to be received: waiting

alterhase58
Germany

Re: dates out of UK

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 pm

AN applications are individual application, it's possible that each of your applications are processed by different case workers. If your spouse has supplied explanations that is likely to help the assessment. From the timeline threads it would appear that decision are currently taking between 4 to 6 months - you should monitor the thread for your month of submission.

If you are in a hurry to travel and you have applied via NCS you should have your original passports/BRPs available, on which you can continue to travel. Best to have someone monitor your mail just in case there's a request from UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

GO61

Post by GO61 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Thank you.
In your opinion, if they were going to ask for additional documents, would they already have asked for it by now, considering it has been 4,5 months? In other words roughly how long after the application do they generally come back and ask for additional documents?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:34 pm

No personal experience of this - every application is different - second guessing UKVI is impossible.
Unless someone on here can give any insight from first hand experience.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.