ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa rejected - your help will be appreciated

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

easy

Family visitor visa rejected - your help will be appreciated

Post by easy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi,

I am a british citizen, living with my family in UK. My father from my home country has applied for visitor visa to visit UK for 3 weeks.

I am sponsoring him for the visit and showed all my income and savings in UK.

I have also provided the agreement for my father's property in home country. So that he has his interest to come back.

He is retired person and I am sending him the money on regular basis for family maintenance.

Is there any chance to apply for appeal? I presumed from previous posts that the appeal procedure is abolished and can only be considered on human rights ground.

Ours is genuine application and he will definitely come back because the UK weather is not suitable for him to live especially in winter. Because of his no income, he can not visit to see my family and newly purchased house in UK. Is this against the human right?

Your help would be much appreciated.

PS - I tried to attach the copy of decision letter issued by visa office, but pdf & docx formats are not allowed.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family visitor visa rejected - your help will be appreci

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Correct, there is no appeal right.

There is no 'human rights' ground either. You can of course visit him.

If the property agreement is all you submitted to show his ties to his home country, it certainly is far from sufficient to submit as evidence, then the refusal seem correct and the ECO suspect he won't leave the UK, especially since you appear to be financially supporting him too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

easy

Post by easy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks CR001,

His independent income is only the source to show his ties to home country.

Please could you advise if I could show any other things to strengthened the case.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:45 pm

HO want to see things like his bank statements showing his income and explanations of deposits you or anyone else makes, property documents, family ties, social ties, employment information if applicable etc etc etc.

How long did he state he was going to visit the UK?

It has become difficult to get visit visas now for elderly parents, especially if the children in the UK are supporting them for their daily needs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bsac19
Newly Registered

Post by bsac19 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 am

Did you have any luck with your visa? I am in a the same boat and will appreciate your advise
easy wrote:Hi,

I am a british citizen, living with my family in UK. My father from my home country has applied for visitor visa to visit UK for 3 weeks.

I am sponsoring him for the visit and showed all my income and savings in UK.

I have also provided the agreement for my father's property in home country. So that he has his interest to come back.

He is retired person and I am sending him the money on regular basis for family maintenance.

Is there any chance to apply for appeal? I presumed from previous posts that the appeal procedure is abolished and can only be considered on human rights ground.

Ours is genuine application and he will definitely come back because the UK weather is not suitable for him to live especially in winter. Because of his no income, he can not visit to see my family and newly purchased house in UK. Is this against the human right?

Your help would be much appreciated.

PS - I tried to attach the copy of decision letter issued by visa office, but pdf & docx formats are not allowed.

Thanks

Nizumdip
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa rejected - your help will be appreciated

Post by Nizumdip » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Can you post the refusal letter so that accurate suggestions can be made in relation to visit visa? you can appeal under Human rights but chance of being successful is very low. Post refusal letter please so we can help. Also, which country your dad applied form?