ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

an aussie and a pom were in a bar. looking for a spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neritan
Newly Registered

Re: oh well

Post by neritan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 am

craig_m67 wrote:
Hi guys. Do I actually have to go to canberra? its such a soulless place, full of politicians. Thought I was to do it by post from brisbane. Its prob 1500k's drive down if thats not the case. Not a big drive but I wont have wheels. cheers
You clearly haven't been to Canberra in a while.
I can confirm the Visa can be had in 48 hours if you prepare and lodge your application with all the correct info/documentation in person (that's how long it took us).

Why would you drive? Qantas can have you in and out in the same day for a 100pounds.. the consulate is at the Airport, you can walk it in 10mins from the arrivals hall.
i just got off the ph with the consulate. i should never have been told 15 working days. as i am obtaining a settlement spouse visa it is going to take a maximum 12 weeks but at least 8 weeks. as this is a settlement visa and not just a right to abode visa the two days is crap. i guess i should have known better than to ask amateurs about this stuff. i was given a bum steer by ill informed self appointed experts. though it surprises me that Victoria mention it. she is supposed to be a real expert.
glad I didnt pay for her services.