ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA perm. res holder and child's naturatization.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

just_me007
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

EEA perm. res holder and child's naturatization.

Post by just_me007 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:53 am

Hello, I have few questions about applying for British passport for a child.

Child 's 7 yo, born in the UK lived all life here ,full time school etc. Parents: EEA national with perm residence card, another non-EEA national, lives abroad, we are divorced.

Question is do I need any special consent from them (the one that lives abroad or just filling the MN1 form where they need to? Do I need to send a copy of their passport cause they can't come to the UK?

JAJ
Australia

Re: EEA perm. res holder and child's naturatization.

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 pm

The child is U.K. born with a parent who has Permanent Resident status. For this kind of registration (section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act) the consent of the other parent is not required. Nor is it necessary to submit any documentation regarding that parent.

Depending on the EEA/other country involved, child may lose either/both nationalities upon becoming British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

just_me007
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by just_me007 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 am

thanks or reply. one more question, do i need to send marriage certificate( which I think I lost anyways) or divorce certificate will be enough?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:57 pm

just_me007 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 am
thanks or reply. one more question, do i need to send marriage certificate( which I think I lost anyways) or divorce certificate will be enough?
It's not clear why you would need to send either unless the marriage certificate was needed to evidence any change of name (example- if you and the child have different last names). That said- you should always have a copy of your marriage certificate, even if divorced. Where did you get married? It's normally straightforward to replace marriage certificates from the U.K.- not always so easy if the marriage took place elsewhere.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

just_me007
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by just_me007 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 pm

i was married and divorced in the uk. the divorce certificate has place and my married name and child birth certificate has both maiden and married name. i guess i ll have to order a replacement anyways.. thanks