ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 cos allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sin19191
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 cos allocation

Post by sin19191 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 am

Hi - my employer has a valid tier 2 licence but doesn't have a current allocation of cos as they have never employed a non eea citizen before.

Can somebody please guide us on how to request for a cos allocation. Is it request for annual allocation? If so what should be filled in the reason field?

Thanks in advance!

Haryho
Cameroon

Re: Tier 2 cos allocation

Post by Haryho » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm

They should know if they've the license already!
But anyway, what they should do is ask the Border Agency for allocation, however, as they've not done that at the beginning of the year it'll take them a while to allocate it.
I'm not sure of the technicality of how they can request that, but as I've said they should know if they've been through the licensing process.

Best of Luck

SyedArif
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SyedArif » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 pm

There are 2 ways of allocating a COS. 1. Normal with no fee. It takes upto 18 weeks to get activation. If paid £200 the home office activates it in 5 working days. Make sure sometimes they call employer CEO and ask few questions or email employer to provide details of employee

sin19191
Newly Registered
India

Post by sin19191 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am

From what I understand the priority service can be availed through calling the glasgow premium service centre after a renewal request has been raised, right? Please correct me if I am wrong.