ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of circumstances

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdealing

Change of circumstances

Post by tdealing » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:40 pm

I need help as I can't find any info on HO website.

My circumstances have changed drastically. Basically my company has been bought off by a different company so I took a voluntary leave as I didn't agree with the new conditions. The thing is. I have to move back to my mum's house in Yorkshire from London -- this is a temporary thing, maybe for two months max. But the point is as of now I am jobless and I changed my address. Who do I contact or how do I notify them about this change? I should be expecting their response any time now as I applied at the end of May so I am hoping to hear back from them soon.

PS: I have applied for passport at the same time too.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

tdealing

Re: Change of circumstances

Post by tdealing » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am

No one knows? :cry:

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 am

For address change with UKVI you can use this website: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk
For address change with HMPO you will need to write a letter with a proof of the new address (either google this or call them)
I would then also recommend setting up Royal Mail Redirection to make sure you don't miss any letters.

With regards to your employment I would suggest searching this forum or wait for someone to reply, I am pretty certain that you don't need to notify them that you are not working as being employed is not required to obtain citizenship.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Ok, thanks, really appreciated. I don't understand why they don't have better system in place in regards to such things, it's all so wishy washy. ;/
gregzzz wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 am
For address change with UKVI you can use this website: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk
For address change with HMPO you will need to write a letter with a proof of the new address (either google this or call them)
I would then also recommend setting up Royal Mail Redirection to make sure you don't miss any letters.

With regards to your employment I would suggest searching this forum or wait for someone to reply, I am pretty certain that you don't need to notify them that you are not working as being employed is not required to obtain citizenship.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey I still haven't heard from HO it's going to be 5 months on 7th of November since I applied and still nothing. Is it normal to wait this long? Most people hear back within three months.