ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When Can i apply for ILR : Qualifying date confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

remyapnair
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

When Can i apply for ILR : Qualifying date confusion

Post by remyapnair » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Dear Gurus ,

I came to UK on a Tier 2 ICT ( Established staff ) on Aug 2010 ; I switched my visa [ In the UK ] to Tier 2 - General category on 15/April/2013 [ One day appointment in croydon ] , The start date on my cos while switching was June 10 2013 . I resigned my job with old sponsor [ Who issued be ICT at the first place ] and continued serving my notice period with old sponsor till June 6 and left to India [ I was in India from June 7th till August 3rd ] . I joined my new sponsor [ Who issued me Tier 2 ] on August 5th .

Though it was one day appointment [ 15/April/2013 ] and i received the confirmation letter on the same day , When i see my BRP [ Place and Date of issue is showing as 13/May/2013 ]

I have only one query ; When can i apply for ilr

a ) Is it March 18 of 2018 , 28 days before i made the one day appointment for the switch [ I have the letter confirming my Tier 2 application was accepted ]

b) is it April 18th of 2018 , 28 days before the date shown in my BRP

c ) Or is it 28th days before August 5th in 2018 [ Because i started to work with the new employer on that
month/day in 2013 and I was not in UK between June 7th to Aug 3rd]

Though i have read many cases in the forum here i didn't come across one where in which the BRP issue date / Start date /Notice period etc where all involved .

If i have missed a similar case as mine ; Kindly send me the link or else kindly help me to find the answer for my query

Thanks a lot in Advance
Remya

remyapnair
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: When Can i apply for ILR : Qualifying date confusion

Post by remyapnair » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi Gurus ;

Kindly help me with this query

Thanks,
Remya

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 am

b. 28 days before start date of visa on brp

remyapnair
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by remyapnair » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks a lot .

Kindly let me know why i am not eligible to apply on March as in (a) . Is the date of the PEO appointment and the date in which i payed the fees for the switch not taken into account for in country applications ?

Thanks ,
Remya

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Just like the date of application of post (postal application) is not considered, just like PEO date for deferal cases are not considered for qualifying time, yours will be date of issue of visa.
It was your choice to ask them for a late start (possibly to serve your notice).

remyapnair
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by remyapnair » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot iworker .

Really appreciate the advice .