ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:17 am

Hi,

Can anyone please shed some light on my precious question? Thanks.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 am

[quote="chrissy"]Hi everybody,

I am hoping someone could shed some light on this. I was wondering if after you have 'served' your ban, your application is proccessed under the normal rules? Is the overstay no longer an issue after this point?

Thank you.

quote]

The application should be considered on its merits. That should mean that, for example on an application for a spouse visa, the overstay should have little relevance in the context of all the requirements to qualify as a spouse. However, if someone had overstayed a visit visa, and was now applying for another one having "served the ban", you would expect the visa officer to attach some weight to the previous offence, and it would be more of an obstacle to a successful application.