ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR return to biometrics team

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hstepper07
Nigeria

EEA PR return to biometrics team

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi
I received my PR card on 10th July 2017. A few days later I received a letter asking me to return the card to the Biometrics card team as there was an error in the header and footer details. I was told it will be replaced in 5 working days.

I returned the card a couple of days later and till date, I have not received the card. I have sent 2 letters and email to the biometric team 10 days apart and no response. It is now over a month.

Has anyone who received this letter received a replacement? How long did it take?

I think HO is very arrogant. They make a mistake and they ignore you. It is bad enough that I had to wait almost 6 months to get my PR. Now I have to wait even longer with no end in sight. Like I do not have a life. I should have just kept the card and send back when I am completing my naturalisation :roll: :roll:

hiddenfriend1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: EEA PR return to biometrics team

Post by hiddenfriend1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi,

Did you manage to receive your replacement of card?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 pm

No I have not. This is unbelievable. They said they will replace card within 5 working days. Its now 30 working days.

hiddenfriend1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by hiddenfriend1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 am

You need to email them on BRCDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Expalin & complain them everything about long wait & you need you RC urgently. You would get reply most probably next working day or after one working day.

Try to email them few times as it would surely help because I did same & every time I got different reply until I got reply with all detail & explanation on Friday with reference number from DX to rearrange my delivery. I booked already & I would receive my RC this coming week.

I sent my RC to replace on 21st of August because I was travelling so travelled with incorrect RC but on my return to UK, I gave them to replace. I not only sent them letter twice on their given postal address but emailed them few times.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm

hiddenfriend1 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 am
You need to email them on BRCDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Expalin & complain them everything about long wait & you need you RC urgently. You would get reply most probably next working day or after one working day.

Try to email them few times as it would surely help because I did same & every time I got different reply until I got reply with all detail & explanation on Friday with reference number from DX to rearrange my delivery. I booked already & I would receive my RC this coming week.

I sent my RC to replace on 21st of August because I was travelling so travelled with incorrect RC but on my return to UK, I gave them to replace. I not only sent them letter twice on their given postal address but emailed them few times.
Ok thanks hidden friend. Will send email now.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm
hiddenfriend1 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:31 am

Ok thanks hidden friend. Will send email now.
I have finally received my corrected PR card. That is after I sent back the error PR card in July 2017 for replacement :roll: This was after I bombarded them with a heap of emails. Let me rest.

hiddenfriend1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by hiddenfriend1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 am

Dear Hstepper07,

Very happy for you. :) But you meant, " That ISN'T after I sent back the error PR card in July 2017 for replacement. This was after I bombarded them with a heap of emails. "

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 pm

hiddenfriend1 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 am
Dear Hstepper07,

Very happy for you. :) But you meant, " That ISN'T after I sent back the error PR card in July 2017 for replacement. This was after I bombarded them with a heap of emails. "
Hi hidden friend. What I meant was that I returned the error card as requested by biometrics team and they never got back to me. I had to send several emails to the free post email that they provided, which they ignored. As advised, I sent an email to BRP delivery team who finally responded and they subsequently sent the card.

hiddenfriend1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by hiddenfriend1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Very happy for you. :)

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm

hiddenfriend1 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 pm
Very happy for you. :)
Thank you very much. Cheers

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 pm
Hi
I received my PR card on 10th July 2017. A few days later I received a letter asking me to return the card to the Biometrics card team as there was an error in the header and footer details. I was told it will be replaced in 5 working days.

I returned the card a couple of days later and till date, I have not received the card. I have sent 2 letters and email to the biometric team 10 days apart and no response. It is now over a month.

Has anyone who received this letter received a replacement? How long did it take?

I think HO is very arrogant. They make a mistake and they ignore you. It is bad enough that I had to wait almost 6 months to get my PR. Now I have to wait even longer with no end in sight. Like I do not have a life. I should have just kept the card and send back when I am completing my naturalisation :roll: :roll:
HI, I am sorry to bother you. I am in the situation almost. They took my BPR at the airport when i was coming back from my country. Would you please tell me how did you apply for replacement BRP. I've checked the link provided by moderator (zimba88). It is bit difficult to understand this form to apply replacement card. There are a lot question inside which i dont know answers.

would you please tell me
how did you apply and which form did you use or you just called them and explain the scenario.
did you send them documents as well including police report of lost/stolen etc

Your answer will really help me.

regards