ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) a few questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse visa expires next year what do i do next

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Hello,

This question has probably been answered before but I can't find it and I'm new to this site.

I am Australian and am here currently on a 2.5 year spouse visa. What do i do when my visa comes to expire? Can anything stop it from being renewed or extended?

Thanks!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa expires next year what do i do next

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm
Hello,

This question has probably been answered before but I can't find it and I'm new to this site.

I am Australian and am here currently on a 2.5 year spouse visa. What do i do when my visa comes to expire? Can anything stop it from being renewed or extended?

Thanks!!
Only if you fail to meet the same conditions which were required for your initial Spouse visa + proof of co-habitation throughout the 2.5 year period.
Apply for FLR(M) before your current visa expires.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm

In addition to the visa fee, you will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Thank you for your speedy reply.

How do I know whether to go for a 5 year or 2 year. sorry I am totally clueless. Also how early do I apply for the extension visa?

Thankyou!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 pm

There is no longer a 2 year route to settlement (ILR). You are on a 5 year route (2.5 x 2.5).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 am

Sorry last one. How early can i apply got the extension visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 am

On what date did you enter the UK on your spousr visa?

Should apply as close to 2.5 years rrsidencr as possible to avoid a shortfall when you get to ILR stage.

You can also apply for your extension by post or in person for a same day decision which costs an extra £590.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 am

I entered on the 17th of December 2015!

Oh I thought it was only £100 for same day. Thanks for the info!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am

When does your visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 am

August next year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 am

What was the start date of your visa?

You could apply once you reach 2.5 year residence in June/July.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

It was valid from the 21st of November 2015. Ok perfect and do you know how long on average it takes through the post?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am

Anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello,

Me again. We are just looking into to financial side of the re application. My husband is the main income earner in our household at the moment although I do work. He is currently looking into becoming self employed. From what I read as long as together all of our income is over the £18,600 we will meet the requirements but I was wandering if this is the case if he has become self employed a couple of months prior to the application and won't currently be on a salary that is £18,600. Does this effect our application?

Thanks

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

FLR (M) a few questions

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello,

We are currently sorting out all our things for our second 2.5 year visa. I have a few questions I wasn't totally sure on.
I am Australian and we applied for out first 2.5 year spousal visa from Australia.

When meeting the financial requirements if my husbands salary easily covers the threshold do I need to put my salary on as well?[/b]

In section 2.3 It asks at what stage of extension are you applying for?[/b] I think my answer is Second period of leave to remain. But wasn't sure if it was further period of leave to remain following a previous grant. Or something else entirely lol

3.9 how long has your sponsor lived in the UK? My husband grew up here but lived in Australia with me for 5 years. We have now been back in England for 2.5 years. Do I put from birth or 2.5 years?

4.7 We have a dependant child but she is a British citizen so is not applying with us. Just wandering if anyone had any advice on whether we should put anything in the 'Please include further information you think may be relevant?' section

9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous application? Now I had them taken for the visa I am on now but I also had them taken for my holiday working visa I had back in 2008. Do I put the most recent or original time?

Think this is it. I look forward to hearing your answers/advice. Sorry for all the questions we just wanna get it right.

Thanks
Leanne

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: FLR (M) a few questions

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Can anyone help me with this at all?

Thanks

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

New application form

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello,

As I have been preparing for my visa for the last month I printed out my FLR (M) visa in March. Is it the same as Aprils one except for cost or do I need to fill out the April one all over again?

THanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New application form

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 am

Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm
Hello,

As I have been preparing for my visa for the last month I printed out my FLR (M) visa in March. Is it the same as Aprils one except for cost or do I need to fill out the April one all over again?

THanks
As your visa only expires in August, what date are you planning on applying for your extension? It is too early to apply now as you could end up with a shortfall for ILR and then need a 3rd FLR(M) extension to cover a couple of months/weeks.

You can only use the old pre 6th April form for 21 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 am

When meeting the financial requirements if my husbands salary easily covers the threshold do I need to put my salary on as well?
You can put your income but if only relying on hubby's, his evidence is needed.
In section 2.3 It asks at what stage of extension are you applying for?[/b] I think my answer is Second period of leave to remain. But wasn't sure if it was further period of leave to remain following a previous grant. Or something else entirely lol
You tick the one quoted below.
First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or
as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an
initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6
months).
3.9 how long has your sponsor lived in the UK? My husband grew up here but lived in Australia with me for 5 years. We have now been back in England for 2.5 years. Do I put from birth or 2.5 years?
You can put 'since birth except for 5 years in Australia X year to Y year'
4.7 We have a dependant child but she is a British citizen so is not applying with us. Just wandering if anyone had any advice on whether we should put anything in the 'Please include further information you think may be relevant?' section
You are required to complete the details of British children who are not applying with you as the form asks.
9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous application? Now I had them taken for the visa I am on now but I also had them taken for my holiday working visa I had back in 2008. Do I put the most recent or original time?
Most recent, i.e. spouse visa from Oz.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:46 am

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

We are not applying to the end of the month but trying to be organised.

My last question is about the finger prints. IT ask for the diplomatic post these were taken. Can I just write British Embassy Sydney or do I need to put an address down.

Thank you again so much for your help :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:51 am

Can I just write British Embassy Sydney
Yes or the visa office where you submitted (VFS) etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: New application form

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 am
Aussiewifeinuk3 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm
Hello,

THanks
As your visa only expires in August, what date are you planning on applying for your extension? It is too early to apply now as you could end up with a shortfall for ILR and then need a 3rd FLR(M) extension to cover a couple of months/weeks.

You can only use the old pre 6th April form for 21 days.
Sorry I've only just seen this response. We are going for it on the 29th of May. By our calculation this is past the 30 month mark. Is this correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am

The 30 months starts from the date you entered the UK not the visa issue date.

Your appointment is not past the 30 months mark though.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durati ... 05&y2=2018
Result: 894 days
It is 894 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 2 years, 5 months, 12 days excluding the end date
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aussiewifeinuk3
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Aussiewifeinuk3 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am
The 30 months starts from the date you entered the UK not the visa issue date.

Your appointment is not past the 30 months mark though.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durati ... 05&y2=2018
Result: 894 days
It is 894 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 2 years, 5 months, 12 days excluding the end date
Is it not minus 28 days as well?