ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 on 1/4/08 - for Indians outside India also?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orange
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier1 on 1/4/08 - for Indians outside India also?

Post by orange » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:18 pm

As per the BIA website (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/) "From 1 April 2008 applicants in India should not apply under the HSMP.".

Does the term 'applicants in India' include even the Indian passport holders who are currently residing outside India and hence applying from outside India also?

I am Indian national currently staying in France. Can I apply for HSMP from France during April '08?

Next week (March last week) I will receive my HSMP application returned by the HO due to a problem in my debit card. :(

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:55 pm

"From 1 April 2008 applicants in India should not apply under the HSMP. From this date, anyone in India wishing to come to the United Kingdom as a highly skilled migrant should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system."

This is fairly black and white, as you're in France you should apply for HSMP up until Tier 1 (General) launches in France.
________
Xxx Tube
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madhu
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP to Tier1 on 1/4/08 - for Indians outside India also

Post by madhu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 pm

orange I am also in the same boat.I am indian national currently working in US.I thought that i will have to apply after 1 st april as a indian national.
madhu

quote="orange"]As per the BIA website (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/) "From 1 April 2008 applicants in India should not apply under the HSMP.".

Does the term 'applicants in India' include even the Indian passport holders who are currently residing outside India and hence applying from outside India also?

I am Indian national currently staying in France. Can I apply for HSMP from France during April '08?

Next week (March last week) I will receive my HSMP application returned by the HO due to a problem in my debit card. :([/quote]