ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC and other questions on SET0

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VijayUK

NARIC and other questions on SET0

Post by VijayUK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi,

I would be applying for ILR based on PBS Dependent Tier1 in March 2018. Before that I have the below questions . Can someone help ?

1. I hold a bachelors ( engineering degree ) from India and have the medium of instruction certificate as well . From NARIC should I request " Statement of Comparability " or " English Language Assessment " ?

In addition to that should I take the English Test as well ?

2. I have travelled out of UK many times but never crossed 180 day limit in any of my qualifying year ? Few days I have travelled out of UK to work in other country( It was a Business Visa and is written not permitted to work ) but the salary was not paid in UK is that a issue ? But I have kept coming to UK in betweeen in order not to break the rules and maintian my residence . Is that Ok ? Should I request SAR for this ? If yes will it help ?

If I split the days it will be some 120 days each in 2 qualifying years. But I am good in the last 3 years with very very less travel.

3. I will be travelling to India for 30 days in December this year will it be a problem for my ILR ? or for my British Citizenship application ( Considering I use the 3 year rule to apply as my Spouse is British ).

4. 28 days count include the Date of Qualifying and also the date back counted to 28 days ? or exactly how can I know the exact date .

Regards,
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NARIC and other questions on SET0

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am

1. You need both comparability and ELA. Not need for a test as well if you have NARIC ELA red route.

2. As already advised in previously when you asked (click), there is NO ABSENCE limit for PBS dependents and neither is work mandatory.

3. No issue traveling in December. For citizenship you must meet the requirements at the time of applying.

4. You can apply no sooner than WITHIN 28 days before reaching 5 years residence, calculated from the of ENTRY to the UK on your PBS Dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Thansk CR001.

Sorry if I am asking again.

If I apply for SAR will it be a problem ? will HO come to know about it ?
So there is no problem to work outside UK as long as I am resident here in UK and maintaining my residency ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 pm
If I apply for SAR will it be a problem ? will HO come to know about it ? HO issue the SAR so obviously they will know about it.

So there is no problem to work outside UK as long as I am resident here in UK and maintaining my residency ? NOT an issue and not sure why you think it is!! Unless you work abroad for the whole 5 years and only 'visited' the UK, then I don't understand why you think this is a problem for you as a PBS Dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks a ton for now :-)

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi CR001,

I called NARIC Customer care and all they said was I need to apply for Visa and Nationality service which covers for my ILR. Is it right ?

Regards,
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)