ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it better to apply before tier 1 rules take effect?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandeepspatil
Newly Registered

Is it better to apply before tier 1 rules take effect?

Post by sandeepspatil » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 am

Hi,

I had a query:
I'm currently in India. Here the Tier 1 rules start applying from April 1st.

I would like to know if I can still apply in the old rules(HSMP) by
the end of this month.
If so, later on when I apply for EC, does that have to be applied in
the new rules or the old ones?
Specifically, when I apply for the EC after April, does the minimum balance rule (of 800 GBP for 3 months) still apply?

Thanks,
Sandeep

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 am

@ sandip..

If u got approval according old rules, then the same old rules will applicable for u for EC.

New rules are for only those candidates who are applying for HSMP approval after april 2008.

Regards,

GMR

sbrennan

Post by sbrennan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:42 am

From the bia website:
If you apply with a valid HSMP approval letter, you are charged a reduced Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker fee for your application. Read the section on costs to work out the fee you must pay.

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and will not need to show you meet the English language requirement.

You do not need to fill in the attributes section, so you can go straight to the maintenance section of the application form.

If you already have a valid HSMP approval letter, you should go to the maintenance section of the points assessment and complete the rest of the application form.
Looks like maintenance still applies, no?

orange
Newly Registered

Post by orange » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:24 pm

@ sandeepspatil

I am no expert but from what I understood from the BIA's website and few other internet forums, even if you have got your HSMP approval letter before 31.3.08 and IF you are applying for EC from India after 31.3.08, you will have to apply for a 'simplied Tier1 approval' thanks to the 'transitional arrangements' of BIA as per http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/

This will require you to satisfy the "minimum balance rule (of 800 GBP for 3 months".

sandeepspatil
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by sandeepspatil » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:09 am

Thanks for your replies...
Even that's what I understood from the official website...
So the minimum balance rule I guess will still apply even if u have got the approval in the old rules.

Thanks much!