ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport : help required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anjali85

Naturalization for kid born outside UK

Post by Anjali85 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi All,

can you please provided valuable input on following scenario of my brother and family?

My brother is a UK citizen (Tier 1 general route) and his wife will be eligible for ILR (5 Year Tier 1 dependent) in November. Their kid was born in india (2014) and now living in UK.

can the kid go for Natuaralizatin directly without ILR once the mother receive ILR?

In simple words:

Father is UK citizen (from 2017)
Mother has ILR (from 2017).
Can their daughter born (2014) in India go for natuaralization without ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization for kid born outside UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm

can the kid go for Natuaralizatin directly without ILR once the mother receive ILR?
No. Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR and will follow the same route as the mother in this case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anjali85

Post by Anjali85 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm

thank you,

I saw the following note in GUIDE MN1. Is it applicable in the scenario mentioned?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf

Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one
or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition
of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family
application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s
discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already
hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is
settled in the UK.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Also see page 27 onwards of the Nationality Guidance on Registration of children, particularly Page 30.
Child’s immigration status
As a general principle, the expectation is that there should be a staged approach to permanent residence and citizenship. This means that the child will first achieve one of the following before being considered for British citizenship:

• indefinite leave (IL)
• permanent residence under the European Economic Area (EEA) regulations

Given this you should normally only register a child under section 3(1) who has not been granted IL or permanent residence where there are strong compelling compassionate circumstances to do so. British citizenship does not give a minor any additional benefits that cannot be obtained through IL and therefore representations on the basis of issues such as access to education are unlikely to be sufficient to justify the exercise of discretion.

Being free from immigration restrictions will be less important where one or both parents are British citizens who have come to the UK to live permanently and:

• the child satisfies the other expectations for registration
• the parents meet the expectations with regard to their circumstances

If the child is subject to immigration restrictions but otherwise meets the other expectations for registration, you must refer the application to a senior caseworker to make a decision on whether the circumstances outweigh the expectation that the child be free of restrictions.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Anjali85

Child Passport : help required

Post by Anjali85 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi All,
Hope you all doing well.
Can you please explain the timelines for 3 year old child (who born abroad) citizenship?

1. Apply for naturalization and passport at NCS with MN1 form.
2. Home office receives the application and deduct the fee.
I am not sure about the processes after the above two steps. It would be great help if you can answer the following questions.

Question 1: Do we need to give finger print /bio metric of the child ? If so, can you please tell approximately when and where?

Question 2: Approximately, how long home office take to take the decision ?

Question 3: Does the child should be in UK to receive the registration / decision letter?

Question 4 : Is there an oath ceremony for child?

Question 5: Does the child should be in UK for collecting the passport? OR father of the child can collect the passport on behalf of the child?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Passport : help required

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:39 pm

The child needs ILR and should be included in the mothers' application in November.

1. Children are REGISTERED. Only adults are naturalised. Yes form MN1 and you also must complete the Passport form.

2. Yes. You need two separate fee sheets, one for MN1 which HO uses and a separate one for the passport which HMPO will use to deduct the fee.
I am not sure about the processes after the above two steps. It would be great help if you can answer the following questions.

Question 1: Do we need to give finger print /bio metric of the child ? If so, can you please tell approximately when and where? HO will write to you and you take that letter which has a barcode on to the Post Office to enroll biometrics (costs £19.20) and will be photo only of the child and not fingerprints.

Question 2: Approximately, how long home office take to take the decision ? It can take a couple of months or it can take many months,
sometimes more than 6 months.

Question 3: Does the child should be in UK to receive the registration / decision letter? No

Question 4 : Is there an oath ceremony for child? No

Question 5: Does the child should be in UK for collecting the passport? OR father of the child can collect the passport on behalf of the child? Passport is posted NOT 'collected'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.