ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ and defaults

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ngn22
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

CCJ and defaults

Post by ngn22 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

I went on Experian and discovered I have a CCJ and a default. I have rang the companies and agreed a payment plan which they will also be sending as proof. If I send this proof will it affect my application for naturalisation?. Has anyone else been in the same boat?.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: CCJ and defaults

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 pm

This won't be an issue as you are dealing with the matter and presumably keeping up with the payments. If you were a serial defaulter it might be a different story. Just explain the facts - if UKVI need additional info or documents they will contact you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ngn22
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by ngn22 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Thank you Alterhase 58

amir2527
Newly Registered

Post by amir2527 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi,
I had ccj because of statue barred debt. I have challenged the ccj and in September, 2017 it is removed from my credit file and register. Please advise if I need to declare this in naturalisation application

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am

You do not have to declare if you have paid the CCJ within a month of it being issued or if it’s set aside by the court.

amir2527
Newly Registered

Post by amir2527 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks @bruteforce

zara4633
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zara4633 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 am

Hello everyone

We would be grateful if you could assist us with the following questions:

If someone have received a CCJ after he submitted his application for Naturalisation, should he inform the UKVI team who are making a decision on his application?
· If he pays the CCJ immediately and receives a Certificate of Satisfaction, should he send this to the UKVI decision making team also?

And because of ccj his refuse the application.
Thanks

zara4633
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zara4633 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:31 am

Hello everyone

If someone have received a CCJ after he submitted his application for Naturalisation, should he inform the UKVI team who are making a decision on his application?
· If he pays the CCJ immediately and receives a Certificate of Satisfaction, should he send this to the UKVI decision making team also?

Thanks

zara4633
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zara4633 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 am

bruteforce wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:44 am
You do not have to declare if you have paid the CCJ within a month of it being issued or if it’s set aside by the court.
Hello everyone

Thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:51 am

I would not take a chance and inform them of this. If you have already paid or will be paying soon then it should not affect your application anyway.

zara4633
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zara4633 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 am

Thanks brutforce
Yes pay all amount with in one month and remove the my from register and my record is all clear for this Can I inform the ukvi if I inform he refuse my application because of ccj.
Thanks