ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision Made?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Decision Made?

Post by klite12 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally after over 12 weeks on a priority application my wife receives a text from the Visa Center saying that the processed application has been received. The application was sent from Islamabad, Pakistan.

I called the UKVI office to confirm this, and provided them with the GWF number and they also confirmed a decision had been made.

My question is, what are the next steps? Why can't they tell us what the decision was, and how will they tell us of the decision? I used an Immigration Lawyer to help with my application - will he receive formal correspondence aside from a text message to confirm that the Visa is granted?

Also, when she visits the Visa Center - is the visa in her passport? or is she given a separate/different form?

Thanks!

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Decision Made?

Post by metanoia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

She need to take her receipt and NIC vopy to visa centre. She'll be handed over a sealed courier envelope and only then she'll be able to find out if visa is granted or refused (which is why nobody knows what the decision is until she opens the envelope)

Visa which is issued is only valid for 30 days and she has to travel during that time. Once she's in uk she has to pick her BRP from your chosen post office.

Good luck.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

klite12

Post by klite12 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 pm

metanoia wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm
She need to take her receipt and NIC vopy to visa centre. She'll be handed over a sealed courier envelope and only then she'll be able to find out if visa is granted or refused (which is why nobody knows what the decision is until she opens the envelope)

Visa which is issued is only valid for 30 days and she has to travel during that time. Once she's in uk she has to pick her BRP from your chosen post office.

Good luck.
Thank you for the reply, I have another question.

I can see from your signature that you received calls from the Home Office. I've received SEVERAL calls over the last few days which I thought were scammers/telemarketing calls. The numbers were;

00 231332260871
00 881835311367
00 231332260499

Everytime I answered, the line said "Please hold - We're transferring you to our Finance Officer' or something along those lines. Could this potentially be the Home Office trying to contact me? From your experience, what number do they use or how do they contact you? Do they leave voice messages?

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm

No we never got any call from UKVI. My husband called the call centre 5 times. I only got call from karachi VAC to collect passport. I didn't avail the sms service so I got email and call to collect the passport.

Since your wife has already received the text she can go to the VAC and collect her passport.

Hopefully visa is granted.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

klite12

Post by klite12 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 am

metanoia wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm
No we never got any call from UKVI. My husband called the call centre 5 times. I only got call from karachi VAC to collect passport. I didn't avail the sms service so I got email and call to collect the passport.

Since your wife has already received the text she can go to the VAC and collect her passport.

Hopefully visa is granted.
Thank you :D

I googled the number, they're Liberian scammers. Not the UKVI. My wife will call them tomorrow to confirm because we live in the mountains 200 miles from the nearest like proper city, so it's a trek to get there.