ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 pm

hellothere19 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 pm
I received Ithe biometrics letter today. My name is spelled correctly on the biometrics form but on the receipt letter confirming the payment my name has been misspelled. Do I have to inform th HO of that? No
Also, on that receipt letter it states I forwarded 1 supporting document and 0 photocopies but the NCS made copies of all my documentation like p60, passport, letter employer etc Not an issue, it is a letter that simply uses generic phrases for what you submitted. It won't list every item.
Lastly, this receipt letter only confirms the payment for citizenship, and no mention is made for the passport cost for which I also applied? Is this usual procedure ? TIA HO process citizenship fees. HMPO (different department) processes the passport fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 pm
hellothere19 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 pm
I received Ithe biometrics letter today. My name is spelled correctly on the biometrics form but on the receipt letter confirming the payment my name has been misspelled. Do I have to inform th HO of that? No
Also, on that receipt letter it states I forwarded 1 supporting document and 0 photocopies but the NCS made copies of all my documentation like p60, passport, letter employer etc Not an issue, it is a letter that simply uses generic phrases for what you submitted. It won't list every item.
Lastly, this receipt letter only confirms the payment for citizenship, and no mention is made for the passport cost for which I also applied? Is this usual procedure ? TIA HO process citizenship fees. HMPO (different department) processes the passport fees.
Thank you CR001. I thought it was ok, but was surprised to see the spelling errors on the different letters. Let the waiting game begin!
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

jobhunter77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jobhunter77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 am

Hi all

just a quick question as I am a bit confused with below.

I have applied for naturalisation for my daughter in july and it is now approved. today I have received documents back and HO used my pre-paid envelope to send those documents back. however I had a letter within the post which says that application for successful and you will receive certificates soon.

I thought whole point of attaching pre-paid envelope was to make sure those certificates and documents to be sent back quicker rather than 2nd class post as HO says.

Is it normal that you first receive your documents back and then certificate? how long more it takes for certificate to arrive after documents?

Thanks

RDeen25
Newly Registered

Post by RDeen25 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Community,

I'm quite confused about my son's MN1 application for naturalisation - I've checked the status of the application via (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus) and the statusis currently 'Awaiting a decision', last updated on 17 June 2017. I submitted the application on 05 June 2017 via the council (Newham) and got an email with my Case ID on 19 June 2017.

I then used the passport checking service via (https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application) and the email response says: "I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Liverpool Passport Office on the 21/06/2017. Your passport application is currently going through the examination process."

Does this mean they are processing both applications together or will wait on the decision from the naturalisation, before proceeding with the passport? Or does it mean the application is through, and they are now looking into the passport? Confused....

I was granted ILR after my son was born, and have applied via the Nationality Checking Service.

Thanks.
Deen

navinw

Post by navinw » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 pm

RDeen25 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:45 pm
Hi Community,

I'm quite confused about my son's MN1 application for naturalisation - I've checked the status of the application via (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus) and the statusis currently 'Awaiting a decision', last updated on 17 June 2017. I submitted the application on 05 June 2017 via the council (Newham) and got an email with my Case ID on 19 June 2017.

I then used the passport checking service via (https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application) and the email response says: "I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Liverpool Passport Office on the 21/06/2017. Your passport application is currently going through the examination process."

Does this mean they are processing both applications together or will wait on the decision from the naturalisation, before proceeding with the passport? Or does it mean the application is through, and they are now looking into the passport? Confused....

I was granted ILR after my son was born, and have applied via the Nationality Checking Service.

Thanks.
Deen

hi Deen,
Looks like all the naturalization application has been delayed since may-2017. Even i am waiting from last 5 months.......
Shouldn't worry about when you got ILR --- even i got ILR after my son was born and later i applied for naturalization for my son. Which is fine.
Need not to worry. Just have patience.....

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:59 pm

jobhunter77 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 am
Hi all

just a quick question as I am a bit confused with below.

I have applied for naturalisation for my daughter in july and it is now approved. today I have received documents back and HO used my pre-paid envelope to send those documents back. however I had a letter within the post which says that application for successful and you will receive certificates soon.

I thought whole point of attaching pre-paid envelope was to make sure those certificates and documents to be sent back quicker rather than 2nd class post as HO says.

Is it normal that you first receive your documents back and then certificate? how long more it takes for certificate to arrive after documents?

Thanks
Jobhunter77,
just out of interest, what dates did you apply for your daughter's naturalisation as I applied in end of July as well.it would help a lot of people if you can post in the july timelines as well. thanks.

jobhunter77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jobhunter77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi

I have applied on 12/07. I posted on mn1 processing time topic.

Applied on 12/07
Biometric done: 22/07
Approved: 01/10, seen on 03/10
Documents returned: 05/10
Naturalisation certificate: not yet received.

Thanks

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:42 am

Thanks minister
It does look like people from July have now started getting decisions.
Ukba Uses 2nd Class Mail to post out the letters and it's only a matter of time when it lands on your door..

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I am running out of Patience..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its been 5 months now......

No result/feedback/updation for my BC application... :oops:

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Are Europeans getting citizenship faster than non european?

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Danval wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm
Are Europeans getting citizenship faster than non european?
I'd be inclined to say no, more like people who apply by Post seem to be getting their decision faster.
I'm EEA waiting for almost 5 months now.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi

I have applied for naturalisation on 1/7/17. Biometric and fees were done in same month.. However I am still waiting for any answer... It is more than 3 months now.. Is it normal ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi

I have applied for naturalisation on 1/7/17. Biometric and fees were done in same month.. However I am still waiting for any answer... It is more than 3 months now.. Is it normal ?
Yes it is normal. Applications can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am

I feel your pain and anxiety. You just should be patient until after 6 months. Then you may ask questions about the delay. If you must know, I am celebrating the 5th month anniversary of my application today and still “awaiting a decision”!

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am
Strange thing is that people who has applied after me have received their desc ion .. It seems that for Asian application, they are taking more than 3 months to decide..
I don't think there is any particular preference, I'm an EU citizen, easy case - family application, nearly 20 years of residency, government security clearance, profession is hugely sought after, substantial income and huge amount of tax paid to the treasury. I'm now waiting for 4 months and counting...

I think what's bad about it is lack of a more meaningful progress indicator that would demonstrate the case is being ACTIVELY dealt with and the papers have not fallen behind a desk...
I.e. if there is usually 10 steps to be taken for all the checks and processing it could at least do: awaiting decision (6/10 completed).

As the cost of getting British citizenship for my little family is all in all now well over £6000, one would expect not only special next day delivery when dealing with documents but a decent level of status updates online.

Sam69
Mood:
India

Post by Sam69 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm

My application status has just been updated to 'Decided', assuming its a positive results, what are the next steps?
I am being May 2017 applicant, made up my mind to wait for couple of more months, I am now completely brain faded about next steps, can somebody direct me to the right thread, if this is notthe right one?
Thanks.

navinw

Post by navinw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Sam69 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm
My application status has just been updated to 'Decided', assuming its a positive results, what are the next steps?
I am being May 2017 applicant, made up my mind to wait for couple of more months, I am now completely brain faded about next steps, can somebody direct me to the right thread, if this is notthe right one?
Thanks.
@sam69...wait now to get a letter and then you can book for the ceremony with local council.

I spoke to my local council just now and they said, usually we get letters/approvals on every friday's.
Hopefully it would be same for all council, not sure.

Sam69
Mood:
India

Post by Sam69 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm

navinw wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm
Sam69 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm
Thanks.
@sam69...wait now to get a letter and then you can book for the ceremony with local council.

I spoke to my local council just now and they said, usually we get letters/approvals on every friday's.
Hopefully it would be same for all council, not sure.
Thanks navinw, waiting game is still on then.

alpha82
Newly Registered

Post by alpha82 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Completely agree with the comments above. Applied on 24th May and still waiting. It absolute shambles the way HO handles and responds to queries. I emailed them last week and their reply couldn't have been more vague. So wait and frustrate is all we can do.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 am

I wonder if there is anyone who applied before may 15th as i am touching 5 months and counting.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am

Yes, I did much earlier in May but still awaiting a decision since 25 May. So, you are not alone. Just be patient.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 pm

On top of that you can only contact them after 6 months which is huge waste of time.. I mean what if they didn't decided in 6 months either ?

The amount of money we pay them, there should be very clear indicators of progress. e.g

Recieved
With case officer
Inquiries made
Under administration
Waiting for decsion
decided
letter sent

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am

Just seen a mid August application been decided so I am not sure how HO decide cases on date received basis as they claim as I applied end of july and still awaiting a response.

gadag
India

Post by gadag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:59 am

Hi freinds,

I finished my application submission at NCS on 11th Oct 2017.NCS staff verified all my originals and took the payment details for application and passport.

Does NCS staff check the complete form and help us to complete if any check boxes we might have left unkwoningly ?

Wondering if any check boxes specially under declaration section left unchecked :(.(though i have copy of partially filled form)

Hoping all was checked by staff.

stillondedams
Newly Registered

Post by stillondedams » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am
Just seen a mid August application been decided so I am not sure how HO decide cases on date received basis as they claim as I applied end of july and still awaiting a response.
Honestly HO are not consistent, they just toss people around and there is nothing like in order of dates received here, i have queried that with them and they came back they cannot comment on other people's application and that i should be patient, applied in June and seeing they have moved on to August passing May, June and July applicants, is just unbelievable,