ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent route... please help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jollianoo
Newly Registered

Parent route... please help!!

Post by Jollianoo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 pm

I came to the UK in year 2004 following my husband student visa and I've been under his immigration status since.
We had so many financial problems, my kids were born here with British birth certificates and I had no one to help me and my husband worked full time. All these problems made us fell apart gradually. After all these problems in December 2015 we moved in to a new house and then after 2 weeks he bought me a ticket to Iran and asked me to go and visit my parents. I accepted the offer happily and traveled to Iran in January 2016 and stayed there at my parents house for 2 weeks. The day I was going to fly back to the UK,in Iran airport they told me that I was forbidden to exit Iran boarder according to my husband's demand. Men are allowed to do so in Iran. The kids and women must have the father and the husband's permission to leave the country. I was absolutely shocked and devastated. I went back to my parent's home and I started thinking what to do to come back to England to my kids. I found a good solicitor and he guided me through my case and then I met a judge and provided him with legal document that my children were born in England and I had to go back to the UK. Any way after 3 months hard work, the judge made an order to allow me to travel out of the country.
I came back to England on the 13th of April 2016 and I met my kids the same date. I started to get back on my feet again but after a few months my visa ended in November 2016 and I got cut off with all my benefit such as child benefit, child tax credit , housing benefit and job seekers allowance. I had to move out of this house as my land lady told me to because I couldn’t afford the rent.
Finally I moved out of the house on the 24th of June 2017 with my land lady's 2 month notice. I went to a friend's house along with my children and stayed over a week but the house was too small for all of us and she asked me to think of a place to live and I had no where to go. After going through so much trouble and stress my social worker from council put me and my 3 kids in a hotel...
since November 2016 when my parent route visa “30 months” expired I don’t have any visa with me, but I applied to extend it last year but I haven’t hear anything from the Home Office.. I can’t even work or claming benefits
Is that parent route is the best application I do?
Do you think I need to get custody order from the court to support my application?
Please give me advice
Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Parent route... please help!!

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 am

When was the parent route issue.

Did you apply for an extension before the 30 months expired in November 2016?

Are the Children British now?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jollianoo
Newly Registered

Post by Jollianoo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:39 am

Parent route was issued on June 2014 and I applied before the 30 days to extend yes.

My 3 kids not British the oldest is 12 yo and my youngest is 9 yo all of them in school here and the father doesn’t help me at all

I don’t know what to do :(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 am

In that case you continue to enjoy the same rights you enjoyed before the visa expired. You are permitted to work, claim benefits, if you BRP did not contain restrictions.

As your children were born in the UK, you should consider registering the ones who are 10 years old or older, once your financial position improves.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jollianoo
Newly Registered

Post by Jollianoo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:45 am

Thank you Obie, but how I can enjoy this Rights when I didn’t heard from the home office and I have nothing to prove this Rights to employers or benefits offices?
I applied to extend for a year now and I haven’t got anything from the home office, even when I ask my solicitor about any news he said nothing and he seems not very motivated and my financial position not the best to spend more money for another solicitors and care for 3 kids.