ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgently need help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tina04
Newly Registered
Ireland

Urgently need help!

Post by Tina04 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

I am hoping if anyone would be able to clear this out for me. I came in Ireland in 2008 with my boyfriend on a type c tourist visa (we overstayed) then we have a child in 2010 (not Irish citizen as both of us parents are illegal). My boyfriend decided to went back to our country of origin in 2015 as someone reported him so he decided to went back home. Me and my son left here. Someone recently reported us to local immigration and we are now known where we live and the immigration officer said he's going to send letter to me. Does anyone know what letter is he planning to send? Also does anyone know if it's possible for me to apply for leave to remain?

Tina04
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Urgently need help!

Post by Tina04 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am

Anyone? :(

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Sometimes they send deportations orders in writing as well. I feel sorry for you and your child. I think they should consider the fact that you have been living in the state (obeying the laws etc.) and have no criminal record etc. I have a friend who received his deportation order in the past (in 2012 I think).
If it's not a deportation order, then I'm not sure what else could it be.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Alixlboy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm
Sometimes they send deportations orders in writing as well. I feel sorry for you and your child. I think they should consider the fact that you have been living in the state (obeying the laws etc.) and have no criminal record etc. I have a friend who received his deportation order in the past (in 2012 I think).
Overstaying is a criminal offence, it's not a trivial matter.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Alixlboy wrote:
You are right.
However, I think that if the immigration wanted to take this as a criminal offence, the would have made the arrest. They did not arrest, so taking that into consideration, I think they might send the deportation order. Not sure if it can be something ether than that. If it can, what could it be?
I think we can only guess at this stage.
From the experience of one of my friends, those who try to convince the immigration in terms of their stay in the state and fail to do so, normally get a deportation order in the post. If they resist, then it might be a bigger problem.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Alixlboy wrote:
Under which Irish law is it a criminal offense to overstay. I am not particularly sure of any, but perhaps you may assist me on the provision that criminalizes an undocumented person.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors