ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manch221

Visit Visa for UK

Post by manch221 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Dear all
I am seeking some guidance and assistance with regard to a visit visa application for UK.
I am a British Citizen and want to sponsor my brother to come to visit me and my children here in the UK for a short visit.
Could anyone please let me have a template of the sponsorship letter and also suggest what documents I should send along with the sponsorship letter?
Many thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa for UK

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Success rests more on what documents your brother is able to submit as evidence of strong ties to his home country. He should show that he is financially self-sufficient and provide any proof of permanent employment, property ownership, ongoing study, dependent relatives etc. The ECO needs to be convinced that he won't overstay in the UK on the visitor visa.

There is no sponsor's 'template' letter. You are required to submit a letter of invitation explaining the reason for his visit, and bank/financial statements if you are helping to fund his visit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

manch221

Post by manch221 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Many thanks for your kind reply.

We are 2 brothers live in UK and both are British Citizen. Is it helpful we both send separate letter of invitation / sponsor to our brother ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:03 pm

You can, but it's essential that your brother you are inviting submits the documented evidence of home ties I mentioned in my previous post.

Is he employed or studying in this home country?
Does he have any dependent relatives living there?
Does he own property or land?
Is he financially self-sufficient?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

manch221

Post by manch221 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks again for your reply.

My brother is married and have a 6 years old child.

Is he employed or studying in this home country? Employed full time and permanent position
Does he have any dependent relatives living there? Yes. Wife and child
Does he own property or land? NO
Is he financially self-sufficient? YES

Looking forward for your further advise

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 pm

manch221 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm
Thanks again for your reply.

My brother is married and have a 6 years old child.

Is he employed or studying in this home country? Employed full time and permanent position
Does he have any dependent relatives living there? Yes. Wife and child
Does he own property or land? NO
Is he financially self-sufficient? YES

Looking forward for your further advise
In which case he should submit evidence of all that apply above. Don't assume that the ECO will accept the statements on the visa application without the relative documents to support this.
Employer's letter confirming the employment is continuing
Evidence that he has a wife and child in the home country
Bank statements or savings

What length of stay will he request in his application?
(Casa, not CR001)

manch221

Post by manch221 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm

10 days stay. 20 Dec 2017 till 30 Dec 2017.

I also want to mention that he was here in the UK from 2007 till 2011 on a student visa than 2011 till 2013 on PSW visa. During his stay on PSW visa he applied for Tier 1 Enterpreneur which was refused and he was asked by the HO to leave the country and he did left immediately.

manch221

Post by manch221 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Any further advice please

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

manch221 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm
Any further advice please
There is no further advice except for him to apply and see how it goes. I'm assuming that T1E visa refused simply because of failing to qualify and no other reason such as deception.