ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my EEA permanent resident card in Nigeria

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muchi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Lost my EEA permanent resident card in Nigeria

Post by Muchi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Any advice yo my situation will be greatly appreciated

I have lived in the UK for the past 11 years. I met my husband who is a swiss national in London in 2008 we married in 2010 and have since then lived together. I received my resident card in 2010 which expired in 2015. I then applied for permanent resident card which I received in may this year 2017
In August I came with my husband to Nigeria where I lost this permanent resident card. I couldn't travel back with my husband they refused to let us travel at the airport in Nigeria saying I have nothing in my passport to show that I live in the UK. I have been in Nigeria since then. Afterwards I was advised at the British embassy to apply for the brp replacement visa which I applied and payed for but noticed that I made the wrong application 2 weeks into the application. I was then advised to apply for the EEA family permit. I withdrew the application for the Brp visa and got my passport returned. the whole process took about 3 weeks plus. I have now made a new application for the EEA family permit and 're currently awaiting a decision for. The ukvi in Nigeria.

I am still married to my husband. He sent his passport, our marriage certificate, our company certificate, our 2016 company financial report, his pay slips, doctor letters which addresses the both of us . A copy of police report when I reported the card lost and a copy of email I received from the home office after my card was reported stolen, our flight details, copies of home office letters confirming my permanent resident status as an EEA family member and also my husband wrote a cover letter which was also sent with the application. It's been 7 working days since submitting the application but I haven't heard anything back from them. I have a business in London of which my absence since August is having a huge impact of the business. I don't even know how long more I will have to wait here in Nigeria. My husband has since returned back to the UK except me.

I am so confused as to what to do in this situation.
Please any advise from similar experiences and the outcome will be much appreciated.

I need to live Nigeria back to UK as soon as possible . I am so out of cash now and cry everyday .

Sorry for long message

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Lost my EEA permanent resident card in Nigeria

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Please continue in your original thread.
eea-route-applications/lost-my-eea-perm ... l#p1548140
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.