ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Residency Card Refusal//Confused!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

EU1 Residency Card Refusal//Confused!

Post by IrishBeach » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a weird situation, feeling confused and upset.
I applied for the EU1 card based on my husband being an EU citizen working here in Ireland.
Now here are the details:

August 2016: Application sent in with all documents, including my husband's employment contract contract where he has been working since 2015.

September 2016: My husband while still working with the initial employer, started a new job. Now, since the documents stress notification of any changes in circumstances, I emailed them about this and got a reply to submit new employment contract, which I did, wanting to be fully compliant. Note that I also stressed that my husband still works at the initial job listed in my application.

December 2016: My husband ended second, more recent employment.

Today, April 19th 2017:
Received refusal letter in mail, stating that I do not qualify since my husband no longer works at .........

I am, of course filling out the paperwork for a review, but would appreciate any and all insights and suggestions as to what to expect and any additional advice one may have.

We also have an child in school, who is also an EU citizen.

Thanks!
Looking forward to your responses

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU1 Residency Card Refusal//Confused!

Post by max307 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:28 pm

They probably contacted your husband’s second job and they confirmed he no longer works there, you should ask them for a review of their decision. Can you appeal their decision? Are you able to get a letter from your husband’s initial job stating that he is currently an employee there and has been an employee there for the past XX months?

I assume the fact you provided two different contracts for two different jobs caused some confusion.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks for your reply, max307
Yes, that is what happened, but I'm surprised they didn't even appear to take the rest of my file into consideration, or even the letter that accompanied the second employment contract.

I have recent payslips and was thinking of submitting them along with his P60 and employment contract along with my application for appeal.

We could ask his employer for a new letter but the letter we got initially for my application took him a while to produce. Do you think that the letter is absolutely necessary?

Thanks!

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I would strongly advise to get a recent letter from the initial employer with your appeal paperwork. Ask him to request the letter directly from HR, in my company these letters are produced on the same day or the very next day.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm

max307 wrote:I would strongly advise to get a recent letter from the initial employer with your appeal paperwork. Ask him to request the letter directly from HR, in my company these letters are produced on the same day or the very next day.

Thanks max307. We have requested a letter and will send it along with the rest of my paperwork.
I will post as soon as I hear something.

Cheers

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:01 am

I just wanted to post an update on my situation. Following my review submission, I got another temporary stamp due to expire in February 2018.

This has been a very frustrating experience for me, especially since it came about as a result of their own error and many whours aplied after me hAve been aproved for tgEurope reside centre cards.

Anyway I'm hanging in there.
I just wonder though, if anyone knows what the average waiting time for a review is.

Thanks in advance

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm

IrishBeach wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm
Hi All,

I applied for the EU1 card based on my husband being an EU citizen working here in Ireland.

August 2016: Application sent in with all documents, including my husband's employment contract contract where he has been working since 2015.

September 2016: My husband while still working with the initial employer, started a new job. Now, since the documents stress notification of any changes in circumstances, I emailed them about this and got a reply to submit new employment contract, which I did, wanting to be fully compliant. Note that I also stressed that my husband still works at the initial job listed in my application.

Today, April 19th 2017:
Received refusal letter in mail, stating that I do not qualify since my husband no longer works at .........

I am, of course filling out the paperwork for a review, but would appreciate any and all insights and suggestions as to what to expect and any additional advice one may have.

Thanks!

IrishBeach
Newly Registered

Post by IrishBeach » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:44 pm

IrishBeach wrote:
Hi All,

Today, April 19th 2017:

Thanks!

I received my approval letter today! So relieved after all that. I found this forum quite helpful during the wait and I want to thank you all. Best wishes for those still waiting and I will continue to contribute.

Thanks!

eirelover
Morocco

Post by eirelover » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 am

IrishBeach wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:44 pm
IrishBeach wrote:
Hi All,

Today, April 19th 2017:

Thanks!

I received my approval letter today! So relieved after all that. I found this forum quite helpful during the wait and I want to thank you all. Best wishes for those still waiting and I will continue to contribute.

Thanks!
Congratulations!