ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get irish card to travel europe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uzi47
Newly Registered
Pakistan

How to get irish card to travel europe

Post by Uzi47 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi all i have got query regarding travelling within Europe without having to apply for a visa.
I am living in the uk and my partner was born here but held irish ☘️ passport all her life after 2 years of battle with home Office i uave finally got my 5 years biometric eu spouse visa.
I was reading on ukgov that i don’t have to apply for a visa if im travelling within Europe with my partner but if i want to travel alone i have to apply.
Someone I knew from previous work once told me we can apply for a card of the country my partner is national of after that I don’t have to apply for any visa within Europe n i can travel on my own without any trouble.
If anyone here can help me with this it would be much appreciated thanks 🙏🏽.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How to get irish card to travel europe

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Uzi47 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm
Hi all i have got query regarding travelling within Europe without having to apply for a visa.
I am living in the uk and my partner was born here but held irish ☘️ passport all her life after 2 years of battle with home Office i uave finally got my 5 years biometric eu spouse visa.
I was reading on ukgov that i don’t have to apply for a visa if im travelling within Europe with my partner but if i want to travel alone i have to apply.
Someone I knew from previous work once told me we can apply for a card of the country my partner is national of after that I don’t have to apply for any visa within Europe n i can travel on my own without any trouble.
If anyone here can help me with this it would be much appreciated thanks 🙏🏽.
Well it's not usual to get an EU permit if the sponsor is both UK and Irish. UKVI treats such dual nationals as British only.

In any case there's no such visa to allow you unfettered EU travel alone, as your rights derive solely from the EU citizen. If you are not married you have even less derivative rights so it's as you were.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Easiest way is to apply for a Schengen Visa which will allow unhindered travel within EU for 3 months if travelling alone. In your case because you've been granted a EU Residence Permit the chances of getting the Schengen Visa approved are high

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 pm

As you have a UK issued Residence Card, you may travel with your husband without the need for a visa, but only if you are joining or accompanying him.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors