ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit: Requirements for SS route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pashag
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit: Requirements for SS route

Post by pashag » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 pm

I would like to know if there is a current baseline for the center of life requirements for the EEA Family Permit (SS route).

My spouse and I are currently 3 months into the SS route and are looking to apply for the EEA Family Permit to visit the UK. Is this likely to be rejected given the limited time we have been in the EU country?

My spouse has been issued a Residence Card under Article 10. Is this sufficient enough to travel to the UK?

Once in the UK, can my spouse apply for a Residence Card, or is the Family Permit a requisite? I ask as I have come across cases where a RC has been issued without application and issue of a Family Permit.

Thank you in advance for your views.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Family Permit: Requirements for SS route

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:19 pm

If your non EEA spouse has a residence card of a family member of Union citizen issued by any of EU country he/she does not require visa to go to UK with you.

pashag
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit: Requirements for SS route

Post by pashag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks for the reply.

What is the validity and duration of such a visit? Is it 6 months in 12 month period?