ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

squibkhan
Newly Registered

Withdrawal

Post by squibkhan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am

Hi , I applied for a spouse visa which was refused in February and I appealed. Last week they sent me a letter stating "I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 04 February 2017 to refuse this application.The decision is now withdrawn and the case will be reconsidered by the decision making centre" "The reason for this is evidence has now been provided to show that your sponsors relationship is genuine and subsisting.We will advice the decision making centre where you original application was decided" Then a couple days later a letter stating Notice of home office decision withdrawal. Does that mean it's been overturned and they will issue a visa or that they are going to look at the paper work again. I'm just confused.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Re: Withdrawal

Post by usmanj » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:50 pm

It means that they might change their mind about the refusal. Good luck! Hopefully the visa will be granted this time :)

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 pm

They will go through your paperwork again and re-assess almost like a new application, I hope you get good news!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

monica8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Peru

Post by monica8 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi,

I got the same letter as you on the first week in September but at until now no one contact me. Do you have any update from your case? Where did you apply? I did from the HO in Poland and the first time they answered me in 2 weeks.

If anyone else are in the same boat please share their experience.

Many thanks

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:06 am

I go the same and 4 weeks later the decision was overturned and visa ready to be issued. I have no submitted my passport and waiting for it to be returned. Monday will make it 8 workings days since passport with them. The appeal decision came out faster than my new application. Hopefully should get passport this week.

monica8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Peru

Post by monica8 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:37 pm

My application start at the end of February. It's gonna be 7 weeks from the last mail where they said that my case will reconsidered and at the moment no answer. Time is flying and there is no way to contact them for a truly information about your case. I'm running out of patience

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi squibkhan,

Did you follow the appeal procedures in the refusal letter?

monica8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Peru

Post by monica8 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:11 am

Hi all,

Any update about your visa Motaco88, squibkhan? Did you guys get your documents?