ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

press1977
Sri Lanka

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by press1977 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 am

Ish21 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am
press1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 am
Ish21 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm
Did anybody else receive a survey email from ukvi after decision has been made... my husband got an email about a survey of his experience on the process but they havent sent me a decision email i found out when i called them and still no sms or email on picking passport up hoping tmrw ? Anybody else experiencing the same ??
Yes I have received that survey email from UKVI too. But I didn't get anything else from ukvi. Do you think they have already been made a decision on our application and sent that survey email? I have waiting since July after my biometrics. Already passed 60 working days too. Do you think home office already made a decision on our application? Why they don't send that email stating "decision has been made on application" or sms to collect the passport. I hope HO made a decision and send us that survey email. However only people who can fill that survey is people who are receive response past three months. Wish you all the best.
Yeh i think theyv made your decision try calling up the call centre thats what i did bcuz they didnt send me an email stating decision has been made i called them up and found out. Still waiting for passport though :(
Ok Thank you very much for your reply and information. I will call HO and find out whether they have made a decision on my application. Hope they made a decision and send that survey email. Don't worry you will get your visa and passport soon. Wish you all the best and good luck. 😃

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 am

15 days to go...not looking good...

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 am

Sydvir wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 am
press1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 am
Ish21 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm
Did anybody else receive a survey email from ukvi after decision has been made... my husband got an email about a survey of his experience on the process but they havent sent me a decision email i found out when i called them and still no sms or email on picking passport up hoping tmrw ? Anybody else experiencing the same ??
Yes I have received that survey email from UKVI too. But I didn't get anything else from ukvi. Do you think they have already been made a decision on our application and sent that survey email? I have waiting since July after my biometrics. Already passed 60 working days too. Do you think home office already made a decision on our application? Why they don't send that email stating "decision has been made on application" or sms to collect the passport. I hope HO made a decision and send us that survey email. However only people who can fill that survey is people who are receive response past three months. Wish you all the best.
Hi press1977
Yeah they have made a decision that's why they sent a survey email.
And when did u apply?
Did u received case not straightforward email?
Did HO contacted u regarding your employment??
Hi Sydvir
I hope they made a decision on application too. But I didn't receive any email from HO stating they have made a decision or sms. So I'm still not sure why they send me that survey email. I'm gonna contact HO if I don't receive any email or sms from VSF to collect my passport next few days. Also, I didn't receive not straight forward e-mail or that 31st October mail. Further HO not contact me at all about anything even my employment. I did my biometrics on 7 July. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Wish you all the best and good luck. 😃

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 am

Plz xan anyone can confirm this that this email means that my passport is ready for collection then ill go nw to collect it..

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am

zeksy1 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 am
Plz xan anyone can confirm this that this email means that my passport is ready for collection then ill go nw to collect it..
That email is for collection you should go!!

abubakrkhan
Newly Registered

Post by abubakrkhan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 am

One of my friend applied for visa 3 days after her marriage took place. She submitted priority and location was Lahore, Pakistan. She got the visa exactly on the 15th working day. i guess i have gone into a backlog dump somewhere, my application date was 9th May, no hold or not straightforward email. Immensely frustrating especially for my wife whom i haven't seen since January.

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:59 am

I rang home office today as my husband decision is made but no SMS or call for collection she has escalated the case I don't understand why are the taking so long just to contact us for passport collection 😡 😔🙏🏽

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:01 pm

abubakrkhan wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 am
One of my friend applied for visa 3 days after her marriage took place. She submitted priority and location was Lahore, Pakistan. She got the visa exactly on the 15th working day. i guess i have gone into a backlog dump somewhere, my application date was 9th May, no hold or not straightforward email. Immensely frustrating especially for my wife whom i haven't seen since January.
I'm in exactly the same boat, applied in March. No 'on hold' or 'not straightforward' emails. Missed my anniversary and haven't seen the other half in over 12 months...sometimes it feels like I am being held to ransom...

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi

I called the UKVI this morning.. and they said my case is still under awaiting decision!

I told them about the 31st email I received and they said wait till then. If I don’t receive any by the 31st then to call them back😡

This is so frustrating!!!

Applied 13 Jan 2017 (None Priority)

Not Straightforward & hold email received 7th March

31st email received- 25/9/17

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm
Hi

I called the UKVI this morning.. and they said my case is still under awaiting decision!

I told them about the 31st email I received and they said wait till then. If I don’t receive any by the 31st then to call them back😡

I met the MP and she said don't call until the 31st because HO will only tell us to wait until than. You know 31st oct email will have to hold some meaning, the amount of backlash they will get if they do not will be dentrimental. My MP agree to call them after 31st if we do not recieve anything.
I know how it feels, you have been waiting for along time. Only 2 weeks more

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Kawal111 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 pm
Need some advice....do you think its wise to call HO for an update. I have had the oct 31 email, waiting 135 days, and still waiting. Wait another two weeks or call? I am getting restless. Can't wait another day need a decision.
You should call the HO you might receive good news or email them. Good luck i understand how it feels🙏🏽
Thanks Kawal bhai, I met MP today and she said safer option is to wait. So we going to wait until than.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm
Hi

I'm in the same boat as you.
So depressed.
Looks like people who applied before jan won't get there decesions anytime soon 😕 😔

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 pm

M2sam wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm
Kawal111 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 pm
Need some advice....do you think its wise to call HO for an update. I have had the oct 31 email, waiting 135 days, and still waiting. Wait another two weeks or call? I am getting restless. Can't wait another day need a decision.
You should call the HO you might receive good news or email them. Good luck i understand how it feels🙏🏽
Thanks Kawal bhai, I met MP today and she said safer option is to wait. So we going to wait until than.
Good luck ☺️☺️
I rang they said escalate the case even though decision has been made im waiting for my hubby to get a call for collection anyone in the same situation?

So frustrated I understand how everyone feels😔

Salahmed20177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Salahmed20177 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Hal6 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am
zeksy1 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 am
Hello guyz
I applied for spouse visa application on 14th feb 2017 n i got both not staright forward email n hold email in march..On last monday 9/10/2017 i recied this email
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/9/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
I also got sms that processed application was recieved on 10/9/2017
Nw its been a week bt they dun call me fr passport collection should i go to isb office to collect my passport or wait fr their call..?

This means it’s ready to collect. Go to where you submitted it and ur passport is waiting there for you. I hope you get the visa

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:58 pm

HI had an email from HO

This is weird becuase we got a 31 oct email and know they saying this.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Visa application.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision on your application. It is our busiest period and unfortunately, it is taking us longer to process applications.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

OMG what does this mean.? Are they going to make a decision before 31/10 and than this email?

Kawal111
India

Post by Kawal111 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 pm

HO are seriously playing around with our emotions it's come to a stage where enough is enough they are very slow so frustrating honestly😔😔
Does anyone know how long does it take for them to contact us for the passport collection SMS.
It's taking more and More time haven't seen my husband in ages 😔
Why does it take so long just to send us an email to collect passport when the case is completed
I honestly understand how everyone feels it's just a hard time to go through this journey for all of us has been hard and the worst life struggle I will pray all of our visas get approved 🙏🏽

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 pm

vsab101 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 am
Kumar5689 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 am
Hi to everyone,
I have received both email the first one on 25th September and the second one on 6th of October . The second one is not straight forward one. I called them today and they suggested me to wait until 31st October . I applied on 8/12/16 bio done on 19/12/16.

Clearly fed up and upset but there is hope . Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and congratulations who already got their visa.
Good bless you all.
I have just received the second email too, first got the 31st email. now got this very dubious not straight forward email. I haven't contacted UKVI in recent weeks and the email says thanks for enquiring. So So So confused...

Dear applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For XXXX

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.Uk

Kind Regards
AD
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
I had the same email guys! What does this mean, are we the applicants that have to wait over the 31/10. What is happening with our applications know?????

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm

M2sam wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 pm
vsab101 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 am
Kumar5689 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 am
Hi to everyone,
I have received both email the first one on 25th September and the second one on 6th of October . The second one is not straight forward one. I called them today and they suggested me to wait until 31st October . I applied on 8/12/16 bio done on 19/12/16.

Clearly fed up and upset but there is hope . Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and congratulations who already got their visa.
Good bless you all.
I have just received the second email too, first got the 31st email. now got this very dubious not straight forward email. I haven't contacted UKVI in recent weeks and the email says thanks for enquiring. So So So confused...

Dear applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For XXXX

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.Uk

Kind Regards
AD
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
I had the same email guys! What does this mean, are we the applicants that have to wait over the 31/10. What is happening with our applications know?????
Slightly different however...

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Visa application.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in making a decision on your application. It is our busiest period and unfortunately, it is taking us longer to process applications.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible

Salahmed20177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Salahmed20177 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm

SO it looks like they have been sending out the 31st email to a lot of people, and ofcourse they will not have enough time to look at all the cases before then so they are sending further emails out to say they can’t give a time scale. Absolutely ridiculous

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 pm

So I emailed ukvi today, and the response I received was, decision made!
Mixed emotions, praying it's good news! Now it's time to wait to be contacted for collection. Feeling greatful it's not taken as long as some applications, however feeling nervous as it's been decided reasonably soon compared to previous applications .
Biometrics on 29th August priority

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm

got an email today saying case not straightforward. I got this after contacting the Contact Centre. My advise...dont phone them..waiting since June, standard

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Salahmed20177 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm
SO it looks like they have been sending out the 31st email to a lot of people, and ofcourse they will not have enough time to look at all the cases before then so they are sending further emails out to say they can’t give a time scale. Absolutely ridiculous
Going to go to the MP tmrw and get this sorted. I need a date, 'as quickly as possilbe' might be a positive sign. But the 31st oct generic email was probably sent from a database of emails that have gone over a certain time limit. They probably of never looked at each application individually before sending that email off. You are right Salah this is false hope.
So to my conclusion, just chase them, all we can do. If you believe in God, like I do, ask him to help you.

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Arsalan28 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 am
Junaid bro as our timelines are very similar please keep me updated with any news inshallah we hear soon !! :)
Yes I will do have you heard anything back yet, make sure you keep me updated. If i dont hear anything back by the end of the week, im gonna ask my wife to give them a calll as whoever she spoke to at the contact centre said to her its a very high possibility of her getting a reply this week

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm

brother88 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm
got an email today saying case not straightforward. I got this after contacting the Contact Centre. My advise...dont phone them..waiting since June, standard
Same as me Brother88?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm

UPDATE:
My husband received a sms to pick his passport today, hes picked it up and VISA GRANTED!!!!!