ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by SuperNkky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 am

Hello dear, since your decision was made 11daya ago. Did your vignette start counting from 11days or the day you collected?

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 am

Hello dear, since your decision was made 11days ago. Did your vignette start counting from 11days or the day you collected?

Lots of people posted decision has been made but only 3 people posted they have received. My decision was made since 25th Sept bit I have not gotten a call for collection of post from DHL will be going VFS today. You wait for decision, you wait for passport. The anxiety to know if you for through or not is real.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 am

Did any one who applied from India and got 31st mail got visa or decision till now ? Please raise your hands

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 am
Hello dear, since your decision was made 11days ago. Did your vignette start counting from 11days or the day you collected?

Lots of people posted decision has been made but only 3 people posted they have received. My decision was made since 25th Sept bit I have not gotten a call for collection of post from DHL will be going VFS today. You wait for decision, you wait for passport. The anxiety to know if you for through or not is real.
It started from 06/10/17 - 05/11/17

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am

Ish21 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:06 am
press1977 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 am
Ish21 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm
UPDATE:
My husband received a sms to pick his passport today, hes picked it up and VISA GRANTED!!!!!
Congratulations..!! Your waiting is over now. I still only got that survey email which was asking about feedback of UKVI service which I cannot compete since I haven't received anything about my visa application from UKVI. You were on same situation is it? You also only received that same survey email is it? Have you contacted HO after receiving that survey email? When did you received that survey email and how long you waited after receiving that survey email till the passport collection sms. I have received that survey email on last Friday. I'm going to send an email today asking the status of my visa application. Do you think is good to contact them or waiting till their response. Thanks you very much.

Thank You!!!.. my husband got the survey email on friday they didnt send me an email saying my decision has been made i found out by call, and my husband got contacted for collection yesterday to pick up his passport but decision was made a week ago.
I think you should contact them just incase your decision has been made, i was hesitant in calling them up to as i thought they'd say the same thing as usual but luckly they told me a decision has been made and my husband will get his passport next week. It took 11 working days giving my passport back since decision has been made.

Hope you all hear soon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! flying out on thursday insha'allah to pick husband up😁
Hi
Good to hear your husband got passport. Celebrating time is coming. Wish you all the best. Thanks for all your comments. I have sent an email today asking my status of the application and I got reply stating "With regards to your query, your application has been received and is being assessed at the moment." But I don't know how many days will take to make a decision. By the way do you think if I call them they will provide more details. Thanks.

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 am

Hello everyone
Here i wan to share my visa story
I submitted my first application on 24th sep 2015 n it got rejected on 19th nov 2015 n then i appeled after waitin more then a year my hearing was on 23rd march 2017 i won the appeal bt then Home office challenge the judge decision while waitin fr ma hearin i also submitted my 2nd application on 14th feb 2017 n did priority in isb bt after a month i got nt staright forward email n on hold email i ws so helpless at that time..I always woke up in the morinng n the first thing i always do to check immigration boards n wen i see people gettin visa it ws the great news of the day..This board heped me in every way it always felt me that m nt alone n i always wished that one day will cum n i will write my timeline as well..
So the day finally comes guyz guys guyz
Yesterday i went to gerry isb n i got the visa m feelin so blessed its been a long n painfull jorney bt nw it ends happily..I got processed email on 9/10/2017..visa starts frm 11/10/2017 to 11/11/2017...My appeal process is still on goin bt thank to Ma ALLAH i dun care nw..HO give me visa in ma 2nd application...I jus wanted to tell every person here waiting for their visa that ALLAH listen to our prayers we jus need to be patient for the answers..Everythin cumes with price n we all hv to pay it...Best of luck everyone n once again thank u so much :D

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am

Ish21 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
UPDATE:
My husband received a sms to pick his passport today, hes picked it up and VISA GRANTED!!!!!
Congratulations..!! Your waiting is over now. I still only got that survey email which was asking about feedback of UKVI service which I cannot compete since I haven't received anything about my visa application from UKVI. You were on same situation is it? You also only received that same survey email is it? Have you contacted HO after receiving that survey email? When did you received that survey email and how long you waited after receiving that survey email till the passport collection sms. I have received that survey email on last Friday. I'm going to send an email today asking the status of my visa application. Do you think is good to contact them or waiting till their response. Thanks you very much.

Thank You!!!.. my husband got the survey email on friday they didnt send me an email saying my decision has been made i found out by call, and my husband got contacted for collection yesterday to pick up his passport but decision was made a week ago.
I think you should contact them just incase your decision has been made, i was hesitant in calling them up to as i thought they'd say the same thing as usual but luckly they told me a decision has been made and my husband will get his passport next week. It took 11 working days giving my passport back since decision has been made.

Hope you all hear soon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! flying out on Thursday insha'allah to pick husband up😁
Praise JESUS CHRIST the son of God!

Amen, your prayers were answered.

I'm also in the same position as you, my decision was made on the 6th October but we are still waiting to get a SMS or email to collect the passport.

I'm now thinking to go down to the VFS and pick up the passport before the SMS or email comes.

I didn't actually pay for the SMS service so I have a feeling Home Office may never contact the VFS to inform me to collect.

I'm also praying we all get our visa's soon.

In Jesus Christ name I pray, amen.

trsiam88
United Kingdom

Post by trsiam88 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am

Christ-Believer wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am

I'm also in the same position as you, my decision was made on the 6th October but we are still waiting to get a SMS or email to collect the passport.

I'm now thinking to go down to the VFS and pick up the passport before the SMS or email comes.

I didn't actually pay for the SMS service so I have a feeling Home Office may never contact the VFS to inform me to collect.

Congratulations, I am sure it will be good news for you. May I ask your timeline please?

From what I am seeing is that a lot of applications from Feb/April/May this year are getting their decisions, whether standard or priority and much of the priority applications from June/July are getting decisions too....am I right or are there others?

I am in that mysterious boat of having applied standard in beginning of July, so no idea when we would get something!

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am

hi everyone
I applied in 3 March. I need all of u r advice that. In my application we send home rent agreement paper which was for 6months.but we extend agrrement further 6months.so my question did we need to agreement paper to ho or we should wait for Ho when they will ask.
I'm confused plz help.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:35 am

Christ-Believer wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am
Ish21 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
Ish21 wrote:
UPDATE:

Hope you all hear soon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! flying out on Thursday insha'allah to pick husband up😁

I am very happy for the both of you, may you guys have a prosperous life to follow. God help us all.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 am

bham wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am
hi everyone
I applied in 3 March. I need all of u r advice that. In my application we send home rent agreement paper which was for 6months.but we extend agrrement further 6months.so my question did we need to agreement paper to ho or we should wait for Ho when they will ask.
I'm confused plz help.
Don't worry doesn't seem like a big a deal. Ask a solicitor if you think this is a matter of concern.

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Congratulations to everyone who got there visa’s😊👍🏻

I think the applications are not being dealt in a date order.

I understand the priority cases are being dealt first!

But I can see.. people who applied after me none priority & also receiving Not a straightforward/Hold email, have already received a decision.

Maybe it also can depend on the country where your applying from?!

I’m happy for everyone who has had a decision & just praying for the rest that are waiting 🙏🏼

Keep faith in Allah & stay positive 👍🏻

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm

I have sent an email to HO today and asked about my status of application and they have replied like this.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration.

With regards to your query, your application has been received and is being assessed at the moment.

We have service levels. We aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Your patience is highly appreciated.

I had my Biometrics on 7th July 2017 and since then I didn't receive any from HO. That's why I asked about my status of the application. Did anyone here received same kind of reply?

j4v3d
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by j4v3d » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 pm
Congratulations to everyone who got there visa’s😊👍🏻

I think the applications are not being dealt in a date order.

I understand the priority cases are being dealt first!

But I can see.. people who applied after me none priority & also receiving Not a straightforward/Hold email, have already received a decision.

Maybe it also can depend on the country where your applying from?!

I’m happy for everyone who has had a decision & just praying for the rest that are waiting 🙏🏼

Keep faith in Allah & stay positive 👍🏻
When did you submit the case?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi j4v3d

I submitted my case On the 13th January 2017

ganesh46

Post by ganesh46 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Hello All,

I have been following this (Freedom of Information) website to understand the UK Settlement (Priority) visa processing times.

Attachment (‘FOI 45048 Annex 1’ – scroll to the bottom) from the below URL speaks about the processing times for settlement priority visa for the decisions made in Q1 2017. This information comes directly from Home Office and it claims that they have processed 89% of priority application in less than 9 working days. Any thoughts?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... dotheyknow

Hope I haven’t broken the forum rules by sharing the URL.

Have filed Settlement Priority visa on 3rd Oct 2017. Good luck to all waiting!!!

Also the visa application processing times website has been updated with September 2017 data however settlement visa data is missing in some of the cases (for e.g. Hyderabad, India). Looks like things are speeding up!

Hi CR001, I was not trying to start a new thread but to collect the thoughts from Gurus on the above info. May be I should have used a different title.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 pm

ganesh46 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:32 pm
Hi CR001, I was not trying to start a new thread but to collect the thoughts from Gurus on the above info. May be I should have used a different title.
Starting a new topic as you did will VERY quickly become very difficult to moderate and run into many pages, as this one has become due to members not following topic guidelines, and posting for the sake of posting with no real valuable updates such as 'any updates anyone' (increasing post counts perhaps, who knows).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ganesh46

Post by ganesh46 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 pm
ganesh46 wrote:
Starting a new topic as you did will VERY quickly become very difficult to moderate and run into many pages, as this one has become due to members not following topic guidelines, and posting for the sake of posting with no real valuable updates such as 'any updates anyone' (increasing post counts perhaps, who knows).
Understood. Thanks.

Shaziaramis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaziaramis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 pm

ganesh46 wrote:
Hello All,

I have been following this (Freedom of Information) website to understand the UK Settlement (Priority) visa processing times.

Attachment (‘FOI 45048 Annex 1’ – scroll to the bottom) from the below URL speaks about the processing times for settlement priority visa for the decisions made in Q1 2017. This information comes directly from Home Office and it claims that they have processed 89% of priority application in less than 9 working days. Any thoughts?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... dotheyknow

Hope I haven’t broken the forum rules by sharing the URL.

Have filed Settlement Priority visa on 3rd Oct 2017. Good luck to all waiting!!!

Also the visa application processing times website has been updated with September 2017 data however settlement visa data is missing in some of the cases (for e.g. Hyderabad, India). Looks like things are speeding up!

Hi Ganesh.

That is not true. It's very rare that they've completed any priority cases in 9 working days. I've been waiting since 15th August, Priority Settlement Visa from Islamabad.

No calls to me or husband or employer. Absolutely ridiculous!

Lack of communication leaving people even more frustrated than they already are.

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:14 pm

21days / 15 working days since decision made and no passport.

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 pm

SuperNkky wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm
you need to chase them through phone calls and your Mp as vignette will only be valid for 30 days from the date of decision. Also try contacting visa center you attended as if you didn't avail the sms service at the time of submission you might not be notified.

Good Luck
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who got the visas. I can't wait to get the visa too and all this nightmare disappear.
After requesting UKVI enquiries I got information that decision has been made. No letter or email from visa application center was received.
I applied 12/12/16 in Moscow. Got not straightforward email on 13/03/17 and 05/07/17. Then on hold email 05/07/17. Then got another one not straightforward email 12/10/17 after request to UKVI. Requested UKVI the status of my application today and got this email:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application a decision has now been made. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your documents on line via the service provided by VFS Global/TLS Contact. If you have opted to collect your documents from a visa application centre they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection. Please check your E-mail account including any junk/spam folders for further notification.

Kind Regards,

C
UK Visas and Immigration

I also asked when I will receive documents and was informed that by 30 October.
I also received 31 October email on 25/09/17.

The fact that UKVI didn't send me email to infor me me that decision is made makes me worrying. My passport is with me so I will need to provide it if the decision is positive. I know somebody who got decision email which was stated that visa was granted and she needs to send her passport... She also was on hold before.

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 pm

TatianaT wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who got the visas. I can't wait to get the visa too and all this nightmare disappear.
After requesting UKVI enquiries I got information that decision has been made. No letter or email from visa application center was received.
I applied 12/12/16 in Moscow. Got not straightforward email on 13/03/17 and 05/07/17. Then on hold email 05/07/17. Then got another one not straightforward email 12/10/17 after request to UKVI. Requested UKVI the status of my application today and got this email:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application a decision has now been made. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your documents on line via the service provided by VFS Global/TLS Contact. If you have opted to collect your documents from a visa application centre they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection. Please check your E-mail account including any junk/spam folders for further notification.

Kind Regards,

C
UK Visas and Immigration

I also asked when I will receive documents and was informed that by 30 October.
I also received 31 October email on 25/09/17.

The fact that UKVI didn't send me email to infor me me that decision is made makes me worrying. My passport is with me so I will need to provide it if the decision is positive. I know somebody who got decision email which was stated that visa was granted and she needs to send her passport... She also was on hold before.
Sorry she got decision letter not email

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 am

metanoia wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm
you need to chase them through phone calls and your Mp as vignette will only be valid for 30 days from the date of decision. Also try contacting visa center you attended as if you didn't avail the sms service at the time of submission you might not be notified.

Good Luck
Congratulations to you on your visa? I sent to visa centre today and was asked to wait for the post via DHL. Was so disappointed