ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP ILR Renewal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sprabhakaran
Newly Registered

BRP ILR Renewal

Post by sprabhakaran » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am

Hi,

We are soon due to renew my sons ILR BRP card. Can someone let us know how many days before the expiry could we make a postal application and its general time line for the application to be processed. When I read the application form, for some reason I read it as one can only apply for a renewal BRP when the current one has expired. Please clarify my doubts.

With regards

swagathem
Newly Registered

Re: BRP ILR Renewal

Post by swagathem » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 am

Hi

I am also in need of information on this. pls let me know

I am a British Citizen and my wife and my son are in ILR. My elder son’s ILR is going to expire in Aug 2018 as it is given only for 5 years for children.

How to extend his ILR - BRP ? Is there any link for this? how much is the cost? how long it will take?

If anyone went through the process of ILR BRP Extension please explain me?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:42 pm

There is no such a thing as ILR extension as ILR status does not expire. So you simply need to replace the BRP cards.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rmit-brprc
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Baskaran_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Baskaran_18 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 pm

sprabhakaran wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am
Hi,

We are soon due to renew my sons ILR BRP card. Can someone let us know how many days before the expiry could we make a postal application and its general time line for the application to be processed. When I read the application form, for some reason I read it as one can only apply for a renewal BRP when the current one has expired. Please clarify my doubts.

With regards
hi Prabhakaran
Could you please let me know if you have sorted out this? I am on same boat and would help me. Thanks.

hsmptier1ilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by hsmptier1ilr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:56 pm

sprabhakaran wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am
Hi,

With regards
sprabhakaran How did you manage to extend the ILR for your son. I am in same situation now. Did you had to submit documents from his school and registered GP?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm

The OP has not visited since July. Do not bump old threads :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice