ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conversion of UK visa- Tier 4 to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashmsheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Conversion of UK visa- Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by ashmsheikh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to ask about the UK visa conversion from tier4 to tier2.
I stayed on tier 4 visa for the period Jan 2013 to March 2017 for ACCA (accounting professional qualification) and completed the qualification in that period of time. Then I went back home as I was not able to convert my visa to tier 2 as professional qualification is not considered a degree by UKVI whether equivalent or not. Now I have come back for a MSc degree programme in Sep 2017 intake.

I now have also gotten to know that I can attain a BSc degree by submitting a Research project to OBU (Oxford Brooks University) on the basis of previous completion of the ACCA examinations, which will be awarded in march 2018 before I have finished my MSc.

Therefore, my question is that will I be eligible to convert my visa on the basis of this BSc degree before my MSc ends? As I think I will meet the requirement of achieving a UK bachelor's degree for switching to tier 2.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Ash

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Conversion of UK visa- Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm

as per the rules, u will need to complete the course, for which your visa is issued before u can change to tier 2. following this route, u will be exempt from rlmt.
If you do not wish to complete your msc, and get a job, you could ask for a restricted cos, rlmt completed and then change from home country,

ashmsheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Conversion of UK visa- Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by ashmsheikh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Okay, it kind of makes sense. But do you think that previously if i would have had completed the BSc whilst studying for ACCA, i would have had been able to convert the visa to tier 2 on the basis of that degree?