ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:43 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 am

Congratulations to you on your visa? I sent to visa centre today and was asked to wait for the post via DHL. Was so disappointed
We got a refusal so now preparing to appeal.

I hope you hear good news with your passport.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 am

metanoia wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:43 am
SuperNkky wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 am

Congratulations to you on your visa? I sent to visa centre today and was asked to wait for the post via DHL. Was so disappointed
We got a refusal so now preparing to appeal.

I hope you hear good news with your passport.

Hi

Can I ask the reason for the refusal on your case?

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 am

Hi

Can I ask the reason for the refusal on your case?
They said we haven't provided any proof for communication between us and provided no pictures of wedding. And they didn't see anything except our marriage certificate
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

jahan786
Newly Registered

Post by jahan786 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 am

applied on 18th may 2017 lahore standard application
no hold no straight forward email only 31st october email and now they send me this email
they are not going to sort out applications before 31st october.. i am very sure. going to see family . enough is enough

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.

Your application is in a queue awaiting assessment; however we are currently in an extremely busy period and are therefore unable to complete applications in the usual time period. We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made on your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

hussain252

Post by hussain252 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:39 am

jahan786 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 am
applied on 18th may 2017 lahore standard application
no hold no straight forward email only 31st october email and now they send me this email
they are not going to sort out applications before 31st october.. i am very sure. going to see family . enough is enough

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.

Your application is in a queue awaiting assessment; however we are currently in an extremely busy period and are therefore unable to complete applications in the usual time period. We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made on your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Hey jahan just wanted to ask if u emailed of called them for a status update before u got this email?

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am

Update... visa granted alhumdulillah! These past 7 weeks have been awful and I can't even start to imagine how people that have been waiting for months feel like. I applied a few weeks after our marriage, and I'm working 2 jobs. Neither me, my spouse or my employers were contacted. I was in two minds whether to pay extra for priority, but I'm so glad I did. However having said that, I do feel it is all up to God. Don't give up hope guys! From the day of biometrics to the text/email to collect it was 35 working days! Good luck to you all!!!

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 am

Cherrypickle wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am
Update... visa granted alhumdulillah! These past 7 weeks have been awful and I can't even start to imagine how people that have been waiting for months feel like. I applied a few weeks after our marriage, and I'm working 2 jobs. Neither me, my spouse or my employers were contacted. I was in two minds whether to pay extra for priority, but I'm so glad I did. However having said that, I do feel it is all up to God. Don't give up hope guys! From the day of biometrics to the text/email to collect it was 35 working days! Good luck to you all!!!
When was your biometric date ohh by the way congrats mashallah great news !! :)

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:33 am

Cherrypickle wrote:
Congratulations! Please will you tell us your timeline?

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:33 am

Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 am
Cherrypickle wrote:
When was your biometric date ohh by the way congrats mashallah great news !! :)
Mine has been 29 working days now

Femlij
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Femlij » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 am

Cherrypickle wrote:
Congratulations cherrypickle. Please tell me, my visa is standard can i still pay for priority and also how will i go about it
Thanks

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am

Femlij wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 am
Cherrypickle wrote:
Congratulations cherrypickle. Please tell me, my visa is standard can i still pay for priority and also how will i go about it
Thanks
I don't think you will be able to change to priority now its whatever you choose when you go to do your biometrics

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 am

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am
Femlij wrote:
Cherrypickle wrote:
Thanks
I don't think you will be able to change to priority now its whatever you choose when you go to do your biometrics
Bro i will be emailing ukvi 2morow if i dont hear from them by the end of the day as it will be 30th working day since my Mrs handed her biometric on 8th Sept 2017. Inshallah we hear some good news soon !! :)

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

Yeah I will get my Mrs to call them as ours will be 30 days tomorrow too

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am

Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 am
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Femlij wrote:
Cherrypickle wrote:
Thanks
Bro i will be emailing ukvi 2morow if i dont hear from them by the end of the day as it will be 30th working day since my Mrs handed her biometric on 8th Sept 2017. Inshallah we hear some good news soon !! :)
Yeah I will get my Mrs to call them as ours will be 30 days tomorrow too inshallah

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am
Arsalan28 wrote:
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Femlij wrote:

Thanks
Yeah I will get my Mrs to call them as ours will be 30 days tomorrow too inshallah
Bro i think u have miscalculated your days as it will be our 30 days 2morow because my Mrs handed her biometric on 8th Sept and i thought u handed urs on 6th Sept so urs shud b 31 days today not 29 days like me :)

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 am

Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am
Arsalan28 wrote:
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:

Bro i think u have miscalculated your days as it will be our 30 days 2morow because my Mrs handed her biometric on 8th Sept and i thought u handed urs on 6th Sept so urs shud b 31 days today not 29 days like me :)
I know but when i spoke to ukvi they said 19th october will be 30 days they said my application was started from 8th sept 2017

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 am

Hi,

I don't know anyone can help. I am becoming very anxious about this whole process.

My husband biometrics was 24th April 2017 and to this date we are still waiting!!!

It's been a long wait so far and was advised by an immigration solicitor we must wait between 3 to 6 months before they can look at chasing. This is so frustrating. I decided to contact Home Office myself on 8th September 2017 where they confirmed the application is still waiting to be processed, so asked for me to call back after 15 working days. I called back after 15 days to be notified the application has not been processed so they would escalate again at priority. Home Office confirmed last week a decision was made on 29th September and we would receive a email or message with an appointment from VFS Jalandhar. I called Home Office on Monday 16th October to advise we have not heard anything and they said we should have received contact from VFS by 13th October, so they said they will look to follow up and would need 3 weeks!!!! More waiting!!!!!

My husband went to VFS Jalandhar today where they advised the hold up is sometimes due to Delhi Embassy who need to submit the passport and can not provide any further information.

I don't what else to do... It's so frustrating! We have waited over 6 months and still no where near getting an answer. It's extremely difficult to be put in this situation.

Can anyone help advise me on what i should do next?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 am

Preeti0602 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 am
Hi,

I don't know anyone can help. I am becoming very anxious about this whole process.

My husband biometrics was 24th April 2017 and to this date we are still waiting!!!

It's been a long wait so far and was advised by an immigration solicitor we must wait between 3 to 6 months before they can look at chasing. This is so frustrating. I decided to contact Home Office myself on 8th September 2017 where they confirmed the application is still waiting to be processed, so asked for me to call back after 15 working days. I called back after 15 days to be notified the application has not been processed so they would escalate again at priority. Home Office confirmed last week a decision was made on 29th September and we would receive a email or message with an appointment from VFS Jalandhar. I called Home Office on Monday 16th October to advise we have not heard anything and they said we should have received contact from VFS by 13th October, so they said they will look to follow up and would need 3 weeks!!!! More waiting!!!!!

My husband went to VFS Jalandhar today where they advised the hold up is sometimes due to Delhi Embassy who need to submit the passport and can not provide any further information.

I don't what else to do... It's so frustrating! We have waited over 6 months and still no where near getting an answer. It's extremely difficult to be put in this situation.

Hi
I also applied in April
Still waiting
Did u received case not straightforward email?

drfmb
Newly Registered
India

Post by drfmb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am

Time line for my husband (Indian & Canadian-Dual nationality but applied from India) Visa
Applied on 30 dec 2016
Biometric on 12.01.2017
Hold email: 7.03.2017
Escalation: many times
Financial eligibility: Yes
Email on 25.09.17 at 18:41 UK time
No children Involved
Email on 12.10.17 says not straight forward again
Email sent on 16.10.17 explaining change in circumstances (Job Change of sponsor)
Answer received HO will contact to send documents within 20 working days from 16th Oct- mentioned now not to call meanwhile to contact center.

Anxious and worried,

Requesting for the prayers from you All for the quick positive decision

Ith

Post by Ith » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am

Hi need advice please shall I wait till 31st October or shall I contact them for a follow up on what's going on I applied 31 may 2017. I Never called them before. What would you do?

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 am

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 am
Preeti0602 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 am
Hi,

Hi
I also applied in April
Still waiting
Did u received case not straightforward email?
I did not receive any emails. I have called Home Office 4 times in the last month and they just say i need to wait another 3 weeks. When they did make a decision i did not receive an email confirming they had made a decision. So i feel i am having to call every other day or once a week to get updates.

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am

Ith wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am
Hi need advice please shall I wait till 31st October or shall I contact them for a follow up on what's going on I applied 31 may 2017. I Never called them before. What would you do?
I would recommend calling home Office. They will give you an option to escalate. I did that but still didn't speed up the process so they they made it priority. But i'm still waiting. But it's worth calling

TatianaT
Newly Registered

Post by TatianaT » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am

Ith wrote:
I contacted them after 31st October email 12.10.17 and received not straightforward email as an answer to my request. I contacted them again 17.10.17 and was informed that decision was made. I don't know what the decision yet but at least the made it 10 months after I applied...

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am

TatianaT wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am
Ith wrote:
I contacted them after 31st October email 12.10.17 and received not straightforward email as an answer to my request. I contacted them again 17.10.17 and was informed that decision was made. I don't know what the decision yet but at least the made it 10 months after I applied...
Tatiana i also got not straight forward email with this on the end...'We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible' did you also get the same

drfmb
Newly Registered
India

Post by drfmb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 am

TatianaT wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am
Ith wrote:
Congrates...at least its a hope for success