ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL to BRP Postal Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Paulio
Newly Registered

Re: NTL to BRP Postal Application

Post by Paulio » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 am

Re: proof of continued residence.

On my letter said to send in either:

Passport
National insurance statement
Council tax letter
Tenancy agreement

Etc

And then at the bottom is sais failure to send in all document you case will be decided on what you have already sent

A bit contradicting I can send my old passport now. Or wait and try and find all documents.

Can anybody that proved there residence tell me what they did?

FarOut
Newly Registered

Post by FarOut » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 am

Hi Paulio

I would try and gather as much documents as you can. Otherwise if you send it in and it takes ages you will be worried about whether you sent enough. I doubt you can send them too much! I had my passports stolen so had to prove the same. I sent mortgage statements, electricity, rates notice and credit card statement I think I sent. Its not everything they had on the list but some of it wasn't applicable or I didn't have. I think their point to you on that letter is that you can't add extra stuff later. They will be deciding on what you send now, so send as much as you can. I'm still waiting 4 months on too, fingers crossed to us.

Paulio
Newly Registered

Post by Paulio » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 am

FarOut wrote:Hi Paulio

I would try and gather as much documents as you can. Otherwise if you send it in and it takes ages you will be worried about whether you sent enough. I doubt you can send them too much! I had my passports stolen so had to prove the same. I sent mortgage statements, electricity, rates notice and credit card statement I think I sent. Its not everything they had on the list but some of it wasn't applicable or I didn't have. I think their point to you on that letter is that you can't add extra stuff later. They will be deciding on what you send now, so send as much as you can. I'm still waiting 4 months on too, fingers crossed to us.

Ok I do have a passport which covers the period they are asking about, (2013) It shows I only left the country for 1 month in the whole of that time. It's my old passport I didn't think I needed to send it. (My mistake) it this enough evidence? To just send the passport?.

A lot of the other information I have requested from certain organisation have quoted me 5 working days and that will be cutting it really tight to meet the deadline, So I am contemplating just sending what I have got now.

Really hope someone can give further insight.

FarOut
Newly Registered

Post by FarOut » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Oh they gave you a tight deadline? Really? That's a bit cheeky isn't it? I can't advise you cause I don't know, but if it were me I think I'd send the passport, put a note explaining more docs to follow and then try to send extra documentation separately and hope it gets there in time.

Paulio
Newly Registered

Post by Paulio » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:55 pm

FarOut wrote:Oh they gave you a tight deadline? Really? That's a bit cheeky isn't it? I can't advise you cause I don't know, but if it were me I think I'd send the passport, put a note explaining more docs to follow and then try to send extra documentation separately and hope it gets there in time.
It was dated last Friday, but it was sent recorded and I wasn't in, so didn't get it till Monday. Hopefully it's 14 days from receipt!

Paulio

FarOut
Newly Registered

Post by FarOut » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Just got my passport back, soooo happy!!!! Biometric card to follow, looks like it doesn't normally take long. So that was after applying ILR to NTL way back on 27th Feb. Whew, glad that's over, it's been a real eye opener. Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing, it really helped whilst stuck in limbo. Luck to all.

ahay
Newly Registered

Post by ahay » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi All,

I've got transferred ILR to NTL.
Could anyone please confirm my information is right? Does your card show the same as mine?

Type of Permit: Settlement

Remarks: NO TIME LIMIT

I cannot find any images for those who transferred from ILR to NTL, although I found an image stated 'Indefinite Leave to Remain'. I have sent a query to Home office, but no reply.

Thanks in advance.

CanadianBear
Newly Registered

Post by CanadianBear » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm

UPDATE
After writing a physical letter, and many emails.......I finally got my passport back today, with letter from Home-office saying my bio metric card was in the mail.

What a blessed relief.

What advice can I give now?

1- Write a physical letter.
2- when you call, get the call number to quote
3- Write a email of complaint
4- Write a email to that stupid address they gave out----MANY TIMES

Im sure they get sick of it all and give in. Ps. I did have to have my Bio Metrics taken again a few weeks ago as they were not good enough the Home Office said. So I think they are good at losing things as its all electronic.
Keep on them guys, and remember mines was just over 6 months and didnt start to really move until I started pestering them from all angles.

Peace

FarOut
Newly Registered

Post by FarOut » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Received Biometric card yesterday. Says the same as yours Ahay. Not sure why you sound a bit panicky... shouldn't you be feeling relieved?!!

Good news CanadianBear! I was outraged on your behalf, I felt a little guilty putting my happy results up before yours.

Paulio
Newly Registered

Post by Paulio » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Finally my application is complete! Woo hoo!

Form NTL; Name change application
Application made: 23/01/2017
Payment taken: 25/01/2017
Acknowledgement email received: nope
BRP letter received: 04/02/2017
Biometrics taken: 09/02/2017
Proof of Residence Requested: 23/06/2017
Proof of Residence Sent: 03/06/2017 (I included a pre paid return special delivery envelope)
Passports and documents: 06/06/2017 (10am) Royal Mail
BRP card received: 06/06/2017 (1pm) Courier

Glad its finally over for anoth 7 or so years! well sort of they sent me 2 BRP cards!, both with different numbers so now I have got to try sort this out!

Result: 164 days
Or 5 months, 13 days

PS: using the online tool my status has never changed since the 21st April

ahay
Newly Registered

Post by ahay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:01 pm

FarOut wrote:Received Biometric card yesterday. Says the same as yours Ahay. Not sure why you sound a bit panicky... shouldn't you be feeling relieved?!!

Good news CanadianBear! I was outraged on your behalf, I felt a little guilty putting my happy results up before yours.
Thank you for confirming.
I wanted to make 100% sure, but I couldn't find any images with the same status online. Now I can relax until the further changes.

CanadianBear
Newly Registered

Post by CanadianBear » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

I think I spoke to soon about getting my BIO card. Got the letter over 10 days ago, and no card in the post. No delivery card to say I had missed the delivery, so had to go back to the HMRC website and report that I have not received it. Again, so reply from HMRC. So sick of this game they play. Back into the unknown pool.
Signed A Frustrated Canadian

Smiles123
Newly Registered

Post by Smiles123 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Update - NO update really.
Applied 7/3
Biometrics taken 8/4
10/8 - Nothing
Can't use the New system as it does not recognise any ID numbers.
Still nothing, has anyone applied in March and received their BRP?
It's been 5 months and 4 days now, still within 6 months.
This wait put a lot of restrictions on me, I can't leave the country, feeling stressed and anxious everyday and having to deal with disappointment when nothing arrives in the post. Seriously does HO even realise what negative effect of not having a passport it has on each individual! It is the most stressful time I had gone through and it has impacted on poor health.

CanadianBear
Newly Registered

Post by CanadianBear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:54 pm

WEll, it arrived. Was a courier company I never heard of- needed my ID to show and sign for delivery. Its only valid for 7 years I find out.......Im seriously not going thru this again. I have indefinite leave to remain----I was under the impression that these bio cards reflected that---not true---10 yrs is max. Hardly seems worth the hassle----but need it to travel back and forth and show employers. Money making scheme- and they have you by the balls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:03 pm

CanadianBear wrote:WEll, it arrived. Was a courier company I never heard of- needed my ID to show and sign for delivery. Its only valid for 7 years I find out.......Im seriously not going thru this again. I have indefinite leave to remain----I was under the impression that these bio cards reflected that---not true---10 yrs is max. Hardly seems worth the hassle----but need it to travel back and forth and show employers. Money making scheme- and they have you by the balls.
The cards are renewed in the same way as a drivers licence or bank card. Renewals are substantially cheaper, less than £60. ILR is indefinite, provided you are settled in the UK. It is not the 'status' that expires, but the card.

Your new card is valid for 7 years, till 2024 due that being the date set by the EU when new biometric systems and features need to be implemented for biometric cards.

If you don't want this hassle, then apply for British citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marmite
Newly Registered

Post by marmite » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi I have been quietly following everybody's progress and just now received my passports & original lettes etc back (still waiting for the BRP card).

Therefore I thought to return the favour back for the people still waiting.

NTL to BRP application sent: 23rd Mar 2017 (arrived next day by special delivery and it's ref number was traceable via HO tracing service later but never updated since 25th Apr, from 'being considered')
Money taken from Credit card: 26th Mar 2017
Bio invitation letter rcvd: letter dated 25th Apr 2017
Acknowledgment e-mail rcvd: 26th Apr2017
Bio data supplied at London PO: 3rd May 2017
then wait began.....
Passports & document with approved letter back via registered post: 12th Aug 2017
BRP card - still waiting, hopefully within 7-10days...

So, 3months+ since I supplied my Biometrics. 4.5months since the application made originally.

Good luck to everybody!!

marmite
Newly Registered

Post by marmite » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 am

Just checked again HO tracing service https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus again and I noticed two things;

1) The original Special delivery ref number (which has been came back as 'being considered') is no longer valid.

2) Instead, my case ID (without first 0 removed, 8 digits) now returns 'Decided' dated 8th Aug and telling me the post should arrive within 10days - of which I have received on 12th August.

So, it's worth keep checking with case ID from time to time! I abanduned it early stage since only Post office ref was working!! I guess it swiches upon decision? Very helpful indeed...

Hope this helps somebody.

marmite
Newly Registered

Post by marmite » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:23 am

My final post - BRP card (showing Settlement & No time limit) arrived this morning, on 14th Aug :D

soleiljeje75
Newly Registered

Post by soleiljeje75 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:35 pm

i have finally got my BRP card and would like to thank everyone on this forum.

Application sent: 20/03/2017
Payment taken :22/03/2017
Ack Letter Rec : 25/04/2017
Biometric enrld : 25/04/2017
Approval letter :01/09/2017
Passport and doc: 07/092017
Brp card recd : 8/9/2017

ZYK
Newly Registered
China

Post by ZYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am

Hi CanadianBear,

May I ask which e-mail address/postal address you sent your complaints to? Trying to get a premium upgrade at the moment and those lazy suckers just never reply to anything ...
CanadianBear wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm
UPDATE
After writing a physical letter, and many emails.......I finally got my passport back today, with letter from Home-office saying my bio metric card was in the mail.

What a blessed relief.

What advice can I give now?

1- Write a physical letter.
2- when you call, get the call number to quote
3- Write a email of complaint
4- Write a email to that stupid address they gave out----MANY TIMES

Im sure they get sick of it all and give in. Ps. I did have to have my Bio Metrics taken again a few weeks ago as they were not good enough the Home Office said. So I think they are good at losing things as its all electronic.
Keep on them guys, and remember mines was just over 6 months and didnt start to really move until I started pestering them from all angles.

Peace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am

ZYK wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am
Hi CanadianBear,

May I ask which e-mail address/postal address you sent your complaints to? Trying to get a premium upgrade at the moment and those lazy suckers just never reply to anything ...
They only select about 5 applicants per day for the upgrade and this is for applications across ALL visa categories. It is not about being 'lazy' but about the capacity that the premium service centres can accommodate due to people booking appointments daily for in person applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZYK
Newly Registered
China

Post by ZYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Oh I see ... that's insane! I've been sitting there with a draft of the e-mail every day sending it as soon as the clock turns 8:00am, and somehow have missed it? Should I start sending before this time?
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am
ZYK wrote:
Hi CanadianBear,

They only select about 5 applicants per day for the upgrade and this is for applications across ALL visa categories. It is not about being 'lazy' but about the capacity that the premium service centres can accommodate due to people booking appointments daily for in person applications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

ZYK wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm
Oh I see ... that's insane! I've been sitting there with a draft of the e-mail every day sending it as soon as the clock turns 8:00am, and somehow have missed it? Should I start sending before this time?
CR001 wrote:
ZYK wrote:
Hi CanadianBear,

Some members have had success sending the email 1 or 2 minutes before 8am, so maybe it is worth a try.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ZYK
Newly Registered
China

Post by ZYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank you very much for your help :D I will try again tomorrow!
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm
ZYK wrote:
CR001 wrote:
ZYK wrote:
Hi CanadianBear,

Some members have had success sending the email 1 or 2 minutes before 8am, so maybe it is worth a try.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 pm

ZYK wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm
Thank you very much for your help :D I will try again tomorrow!
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm
ZYK wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Good luck, hope you come right with an upgrade.
Char (CR001 not Casa)