ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am

gadag wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:59 am
Hi freinds,

I finished my application submission at NCS on 11th Oct 2017.NCS staff verified all my originals and took the payment details for application and passport.

Does NCS staff check the complete form and help us to complete if any check boxes we might have left unkwoningly ?

Wondering if any check boxes specially under declaration section left unchecked :(.(though i have copy of partially filled form)

Hoping all was checked by staff.
NCS should have gone through the form with you. They do not sit and check everything after you have left and they also do not complete the form for you. It is the applicants responsibility to make sure everything is completed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gadag
India

Post by gadag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Casa,

Yes,they have gone through the application form with me.also took necessary signatures and asked to check some of the unchecked boxes in declaration form.

But I have doubt on one check box which might have left un checked. Not sure whether its been asked to check during my presence in the room.

When I was going through the photo copy which I had taken 1 day before visit had 'unchecked' box.

hence bit nervous on this part.

gadag
India

Post by gadag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:40 pm

7.3 I confirm that I have enclosed the appropriate fee and payment slip
7.4 I confirm that I have enclosed the appropriate documents
7.6 I understand that a certificate of citizenship may be withdrawn if it is found to have
been obtained by fraud, false representation or concealment of any material fact, or if on
the basis of my conduct the Home Secretary considers it to be conducive to the public
good.

Above mentioned check boxes - Dont remember whethers its been asked to complete or not during my visit at NCS. Hence bit nervous.

Saulman
inactive

Passport expired while citizenship application waiting decision

Post by Saulman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 pm

I applied on the 29.06.2017 it's been sometime now. Status says a waiting decision since 06/07/2017.

I had my permanent residence card stamped on my Iraqi passport once I applied through NCS. I realise that my passport has expired on 17/09/2017 so that's around 65-70 days from the day I applied and application has send.

Is this will affect my application to be rejected? If it's why they did not send me letter says something about it? My permanent UK residence card stamped on it.

Anyone with any info please share it. Thank you :D .

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport expired while citizenship application waiting decision

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Saulman wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 pm
I applied on the 29.06.2017 it's been sometime now. Status says a waiting decision since 06/07/2017.

I had my permanent residence card stamped on my Iraqi passport once I applied through NCS. I realise that my passport has expired on 17/09/2017 so that's around 65-70 days from the day I applied and application has send.

Is this will affect my application to be rejected? If it's why they did not send me letter says something about it? My permanent UK residence card stamped on it.

Anyone with any info please share it. Thank you :D .
The passport has to be valid on the day of the application which it clearly was. Maybe no news is good news? It's only been 3.5 months so still some time to go.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm

stillondedams wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 am
hussainfarhad wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am
Just seen a mid August application been decided so I am not sure how HO decide cases on date received basis as they claim as I applied end of july and still awaiting a response.
Honestly HO are not consistent, they just toss people around and there is nothing like in order of dates received here, i have queried that with them and they came back they cannot comment on other people's application and that i should be patient, applied in June and seeing they have moved on to August passing May, June and July applicants, is just unbelievable,
I am exactly the same, did NCS on 10 July and the guy said mine should be back within 3 months as so straight forward. I have now seen people with far more complicated applications who applied after me approved? I note your comment they have bypassed July-should I be calling them and pushing for an answer?? It's all so inefficient

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:58 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm
stillondedams wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:10 am
hussainfarhad wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am
Just seen a mid August application been decided so I am not sure how HO decide cases on date received basis as they claim as I applied end of july and still awaiting a response.
Honestly HO are not consistent, they just toss people around and there is nothing like in order of dates received here, i have queried that with them and they came back they cannot comment on other people's application and that i should be patient, applied in June and seeing they have moved on to August passing May, June and July applicants, is just unbelievable,
I am exactly the same, did NCS on 10 July and the guy said mine should be back within 3 months as so straight forward. I have now seen people with far more complicated applications who applied after me approved? I note your comment they have bypassed July-should I be calling them and pushing for an answer?? It's all so inefficient
Exactly i'm on the same boat....

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

@Arshsam and others,
I am just repeating myself, but UKVI doesn't work to an SLA like many commercial organisations, and the six months advisory cannot be claimed in court. And there is no promise that applications are decided in order of receipt. NCS may say how many months but that is just their guess based on what they know, but they don't work for the Home Office. Judging by recent statistics there has been a considerable increase in applications, no doubt due to Brexit. I appreciate we all expect good service for the money we pay, but UKVI works to some other set of standards, and we on the board don't know the internal machinations.
For the sake of transparency, my own application took roughly three months, from NCS visit to ceremony end Nov 2016, almost a year ago. Yes, I considered my application to be straightforward - but at that time most applications took about three months, and spare a thought for the member who are waiting well in excess of six months or a year.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm
@Arshsam and others,
I am just repeating myself, but UKVI doesn't work to an SLA like many commercial organisations, and the six months advisory cannot be claimed in court. And there is no promise that applications are decided in order of receipt. NCS may say how many months but that is just their guess based on what they know, but they don't work for the Home Office. Judging by recent statistics there has been a considerable increase in applications, no doubt due to Brexit. I appreciate we all expect good service for the money we pay, but UKVI works to some other set of standards, and we on the board don't know the internal machinations.
For the sake of transparency, my own application took roughly three months, from NCS visit to ceremony end Nov 2016, almost a year ago. Yes, I considered my application to be straightforward - but at that time most applications took about three months, and spare a thought for the member who are waiting well in excess of six months or a year.
Thanks for explaining and sharing your journey @ Alterhase58

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm
@Arshsam and others,
Thanks, but their website says they process applications in the order received and their call centre staff say the same. So they’re obviously talking a load of rubbish

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 pm
Thanks, but their website says they process applications in the order received and their call centre staff say the same. So they’re obviously talking a load of rubbish
Call centre is outsourced to a third party provider, as far as one can gather from postings here, they give general advice and may take messages. They don't seem to have a direct line to caseworkers, they certainly won't/can't put you through.
As for order received, we don't know how many different teams and workstreams are involved. Bearing in mind the diversity and complexity of applications there's no way they can guarantee this. This is likely to be the aspiration...
And clearly the reason why we see constant postings about "where is my decision" is that they are not meeting that aspiration internally.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 pm
Call centre is outsourced to a third party provider, as far as one can gather from postings here, they give general advice and may take messages. They don't seem to have a direct line to caseworkers, they certainly won't/can't put you through.
As for order received, we don't know how many different teams and workstreams are involved. Bearing in mind the diversity and complexity of applications there's no way they can guarantee this. This is likely to be the aspiration...
And clearly the reason why we see constant postings about "where is my decision" is that they are not meeting that aspiration internally.
All true but they shouldn’t say they process them in order then as it’s false advertising! There has to be a better and more streamlined way to do this which gives clarity to those applying. I know u have to be patient but when the system seems so disorganised one does start to wonder if ones application fell in the bin !

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am
All true but they shouldn’t say they process them in order then as it’s false advertising! There has to be a better and more streamlined way to do this which gives clarity to those applying. I know u have to be patient but when the system seems so disorganised one does start to wonder if ones application fell in the bin !
Absolutely! For the extraorbitant amounts they charge (£300 worth of admin if that - charged at £1300 rate) one would expect a better level of service and information.

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 pm

I know I'm not helping but seen another August application decided..thats 3 apps now from August I've seen from this forum alone.. yet here we are waiting for July and June.. What is going on ?

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 pm
I know I'm not helping but seen another August application decided..thats 3 apps now from August I've seen from this forum alone.. yet here we are waiting for July and June.. What is going on ?
Sadly I think we just need to accept they are hopeless and we must be patient. I need to book my flights home for Christmas and the seats are selling out.....thanks UK visas & immigration for costing me extra money for booking so late, if I even get to go home for Christmas-losing hope at this rate.

navinw

Post by navinw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 am

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 am
hussainfarhad wrote:
Sadly I think we just need to accept they are hopeless and we must be patient. I need to book my flights home for Christmas and the seats are selling out.....thanks UK visas & immigration for costing me extra money for booking so late, if I even get to go home for Christmas-losing hope at this rate.
In frustration yesterday i called ukvi office for the status check and they told me the same thing, what is written online. :oops:

They suggested to wait another month until 6 months completes and then call us back. :cry: :cry:

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:13 am

My husband also applied for BC in mid-June 2017, and online status says awaiting decision since 3 July :( ... I was surprised the August applicants started getting decisions while June applicants are still waiting!!! Not fair at all :cry: :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am

Can members pleases stop posting 'status checks' updates/questions etc in this General Discussion topic. There is a specific topic for the status checks questions, link below.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... 8-900.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Has anyone experienced the online status changing to DECIDED, and after this, instead of an approval, a rejection letter arrives?
For my husband application, he declared two spent convictions, and today the online status changed to DECIDED. He is worried if it's a rejection (Hopefully NOT :| )

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Maly110 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm
Has anyone experienced the online status changing to DECIDED, and after this, instead of an approval, a rejection letter arrives?
For my husband application, he declared two spent convictions, and today the online status changed to DECIDED. He is worried if it's a rejection (Hopefully NOT :| )
The updates for your husband should be posted using the below link! Moderator has been already mentioned that in RED
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:14 pm

softy monster wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm
Maly110 wrote:
The updates for your husband should be posted using the below link! Moderator has been already mentioned that in RED
I have already posted the timeline in a relevant topic . But here, I am asking a question which is not related to the timeline :| !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Maly110 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:14 pm
softy monster wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm
Maly110 wrote:
I have already posted the timeline in a relevant topic . But here, I am asking a question which is not related to the timeline :| !!!
The timeline topic you have posted in is different to the 'online status check' topic which both myself and softy monster have linked in our posts above.

Whether an application is refused or approved, it will still be 'decided'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 pm

I applied in July beginning.. Online status is " waiting for decision" from 7th July :oops:

Today they called my referee (who signed my application) and confirm details :lol:

I am hoping I will see some results soon now.. :idea:

Anyone else get their application verified by phone call? How long before results update now after this call ? Is it always good news ?

Thanks

M

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 pm

hussainfarhad wrote:
Mine is one of those August applications. What I'd like to see out of interest is how many applications are decided fairly quickly that had been submitted via a solicitor.

They tell you it doesn't matter how you apply but I bet it does. It shouldn't matter to the outcome as long as all the paperwork is there but I bet a solicitor prepares a cover letter in a much more concise and clear manner than your average applicant. We went beyond the requirements and gave a very clear picture of my life here, had plenty of HMRC original documents back it up, contracts, employers stating my salary, etc. While I know a lot of people just send through their NI number.

That's not to say of course that there is anything wrong with other applications, only that I think the way they are prepared does matter.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Mine is one of those August applications. What I'd like to see out of interest is how many applications are decided fairly quickly that had been submitted via a solicitor.

They tell you it doesn't matter how you apply but I bet it does. It shouldn't matter to the outcome as long as all the paperwork is there but I bet a solicitor prepares a cover letter in a much more concise and clear manner than your average applicant. We went beyond the requirements and gave a very clear picture of my life here, had plenty of HMRC original documents back it up, contracts, employers stating my salary, etc. While I know a lot of people just send through their NI number.

That's not to say of course that there is anything wrong with other applications, only that I think the way they are prepared does matter.
Out of curiosity, how much does these solicitor services cost?