ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Refused...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saadi1786
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Visitor Visa Refused...

Post by saadi1786 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:52 pm

My cousin recently applied for a visitor visa, which was refused.

The reason for the refusal was that the accommodation letter had been falsified ie that the person who had signed this document was not employed by the local council and that we had deliberately misrepresented this information.

How do I challenge/appeal this? The person who wrote/signed the letter on letter headed paper is a employed council official and had the authority to sign this. Further to this, I find the allegations leveled at me very damaging and hurtful - I did not deliberately misrepresent any information.

I understand there is no appeals process, but surely if their is a glaring mistake made by them I should be ale to challenge it? And expect an apology...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa Refused...

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 pm

HO will likely have checked with the council to verify the document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saadi1786
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saadi1786 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am

I know that.. What I am saying is that there was an error in whatever they checked.

The document was written and signed by an elected councillor. It is public information that this person is an employed by the council, it is listed on the local council website. How the HO can then say he is not an employee of the council I don't know, but obviously they have made a mistake somewhere AND accused me of trying to cheat them AND refused my cousin a visa.

Surely there must be some process to challenge this.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

saadi1786 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am
I know that.. What I am saying is that there was an error in whatever they checked.

The document was written and signed by an elected councillor. It is public information that this person is an employed by the council, it is listed on the local council website. How the HO can then say he is not an employee of the council I don't know, but obviously they have made a mistake somewhere AND accused me of trying to cheat them AND refused my cousin a visa.

Surely there must be some process to challenge this.
An elected councillor cannot be employed by the same council of which he is a member.
Can I be elected to this Council if I am employed by it? No. The law disqualifies anyone holding any paid employment with the Council itself from becoming or remaining an elected member of it. These direct links with a person's own authority create an automatic disqualification whatever the level or nature of the post held.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....