ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sign my petition.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Purplerain
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sign my petition.

Post by Purplerain » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello all,
I have been visiting the forum for a while. Although I have never posted, it has provided me with resurrance when I felt trapped.

I have started a petition regarding the ridiculous visa fees we have to pay. If you could please sign it, I would be forever great full.

link removed as it provides personal identifiable information.

If it gets 10000 signatures the government may comment on it. If it reaches 100000 signatures, the government may dicuss it in the house of commons.

You have to be a British citizen or resident to sign it.

P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. I quickly browsed the sticky feeds and didn't see anything against posting this.

ouflak1

Re: Sign my petition.

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm

The UK can simply do away with the visas instead of charging anything for them. It is a sovereign nation and they can charge what they like, when they like, as they like, for whatever reason they like (including profit) or no reason at all. Most of the countries of the world don't have anything like the visa offerings the UK has. There is no 'right' to a cheap visa and the matter does not need to be discussed. If potential immigrants are basing their future migration on cost, then perhaps the UK is simply not a viable option anymore and they should move on and look at other less expensive possibilities.

If the UK decides to use cost as a measure to limit immigration, that is their sovereign decision. The end.

BTW: Could you post a link (or atleast a title) to your petition? I didn't see it in your post. That should be within the forum rules as we've had other petitions posted on here before. edit: Ah I see they've changed the way they want that done now.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm

There have been many such petitions posted on the forum and none have come to any fruition. As outflak1 says, where there is a demand for something, the cost is usually high.

For future reference, there is a 'Comments about the Board' sub forum further down the main page where you should post and ask if you can post a petition link and state what the petition is about. One of the moderators will respond to let you know either way, particularly when it is a petition about fees that we have seen so many times in the last 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

The high costs arose when people started abusing the rules, not that long ago it was all free.

I think geniune refugee case etc should all be free (as they are) but 60 year old blokes importing their 22 yo Thai bride should be made to pay for the mess left when it inevitavly goes tits-up, and not from Joe Average's tax payments...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....