ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Laiba1511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Laiba1511 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm

sali97 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am
AISHA89 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am
Laiba1511 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:10 pm
I applied on 22/6
I didnt recieve any email cuz my husband wrote my email incorrectly in the application form.
But i correceted it later by phone.
My email address was also incorrect on the online application form....but I corrected it in the print out form that I sent with the documents to Sheffield. I hope that's sufficent but I haven't received any emails from them but it is early days. How soon did u ring them to correct your email address??
I called them after 60 days of biometrics precisely on the 14th of September. I didnt notice that we gave a wrong email early 😕😕.
Really afraid that its not corrected and that they are sending emails to the incorrect email about my case.
To AISHA89
If you want to double check your email is correct on their system give UKVI a call, quote you CASEID No. and request them to read out what email they have got on file. If it's incorrect you can state your new email to them and they will update the system. Any emails that are missed they can let you know of any updates you have missed out on. Been through it myself
I called the UKVI yesterday to see if they updated my incorrect email address with the new amended one. The lady said she doesn't have any access to any case information other than the status and the date for the biometric. She said my case was "under process" and that's it. She did say that she will put a note on the system to say there's been a change to the email address. She couldn't tell if I had missed any emails because of the incorrect email address as they didn't have access to any information. I was on the phone for 3 mins and they charged me £8.22 its all a money making scheme

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Online application: 29/08/17 priority
Biometrics: 30/08/17
Documents sent to ukvi: 04/09/17
Documents received back: 08/09/17
No contact from ukvi in terms of phone interview regarding employment or spouse relationship.
I emailed them for an update on 16/10/17, decision made reply.
Text and email received saying ready for collection: 17/10/17
Collection made: 18/10/17
Visa approved!!!

So sorry out of excitement I got the dates mixed up.

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Arsalan28 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 am
 Dear xxxxxxxx ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWFXXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/18/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Just received this email does this mean my Mrs can collect her passport tomorrow from gerrys in Mirpur. :)
My mrs rang them today and they said our desicion has been made since 16th october we should be getting a reply soon to collect passport inshallah waiting game now

leicester101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by leicester101 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Hey all,

I am new to the thread!

I think a lot of us have been sent an email on 25/09 that we will receive a decision by 31/10

Don't know how hopeful I should be as they said that if anything should cause a delay, they will let me know!

I applied in March, so it has been about 8 months!

I have received a 'not straightforward' email x2

I have also had my MP call up twice and their response both time has been 'we are very busy'

I mean, if you are going to take our money and make us wait so long, then at least give VALID reasons. Like why is it taking so long? How much longer will it take?

Honestly so terrible!

AISHA89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AISHA89 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:04 pm

extremebuy12345 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm
Damn!!!

You lot have been waiting for time. My partner went for her bio-metrics on Monday. I was hoping for her to be here by December. :(

Where did you both apply from?

My wife is from Thailand.
I applied from Turkey... and got no 31st Oct email

AISHA89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AISHA89 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Laiba1511 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm
sali97 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am
AISHA89 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am
Laiba1511 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

My email address was also incorrect on the online application form....but I corrected it in the print out form that I sent with the documents to Sheffield. I hope that's sufficent but I haven't received any emails from them but it is early days. How soon did u ring them to correct your email address??
I called them after 60 days of biometrics precisely on the 14th of September. I didnt notice that we gave a wrong email early 😕😕.
Really afraid that its not corrected and that they are sending emails to the incorrect email about my case.
To AISHA89
If you want to double check your email is correct on their system give UKVI a call, quote you CASEID No. and request them to read out what email they have got on file. If it's incorrect you can state your new email to them and they will update the system. Any emails that are missed they can let you know of any updates you have missed out on. Been through it myself
I called the UKVI yesterday to see if they updated my incorrect email address with the new amended one. The lady said she doesn't have any access to any case information other than the status and the date for the biometric. She said my case was "under process" and that's it. She did say that she will put a note on the system to say there's been a change to the email address. She couldn't tell if I had missed any emails because of the incorrect email address as they didn't have access to any information. I was on the phone for 3 mins and they charged me £8.22 its all a money making scheme
When i called them about my email the guy that answered said that ukvi ( him) are responsible for contacting people about any updates so now that i corrected the email i wont need to worry anymore cuz he ( ukvi) will be contacting me on the email i corrected.
I think they just tell you what u want to hear!!

Laiba1511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Laiba1511 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 pm

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm
Arsalan28 wrote:
 Dear xxxxxxxx ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWFXXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/18/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Just received this email does this mean my Mrs can collect her passport tomorrow from gerrys in Mirpur. :)
My mrs rang them today and they said our desicion has been made since 16th october we should be getting a reply soon to collect passport inshallah waiting game now
Congratulations!!! I hope its good news in shaa Allah. Keep us posted. Did the UKVI contact you regarding employment etc? I hope I get a quick decision too. Biometric was done 29/09/2017 priority Islamabad x

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Laiba1511 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 pm
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Arsalan28 wrote:
 Dear xxxxxxxx ,

Congratulations!!! I hope its good news in shaa Allah. Keep us posted. Did the UKVI contact you regarding employment etc? I hope I get a quick decision too. Biometric was done 29/09/2017 priority Islamabad x
Thank you. Inshallah i hope so. Ive not received any email yet to collect passport. And they rang my Mrs asked her how we met and stuff but never rang employers. Inshallah it all goes well for you too

J05h
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by J05h » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 pm

TIMELINE UPDATES

Application submitted: 20 Feb 2017
Application type: Premium service
Biometric enrollment: 20 Feb 2017
Outcome: Case not straightforward (20 Feb 2017)

Interview invitation: Letter received on 1 March 2017
Attended Interview: 30 March 2017 (Liverpool)
Supplement documents request: Letter received on 31 March 2017
Supplement documents submitted: 01 April 2017

Online status checker: Awaiting a decision updated on 25 May 2017 (checked on 01 June 2017)
Contacted MP: 12 June 2017 - 13 October 2017

Online status checker: Decided on 14 October 2017 (checked on 16 October 2017)

Documents and decision received: 18 October 2017
BRP: Pending

zainoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainoo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Congrats to all who got their visa and I hope the rest waiting get it soon inshallah. My timeline is

Online application: 29/08/17 non-priority
Biometrics: 31/08/17 Islamabd
Documents received back: 27/09/17
Application received email. 9/9/17

No contact made since...not even the 31st October email :(
My lawyer advised I should not contact HO till 3 months are over but after reading that some decisions are made I wondering if i should contact them ?

zainoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainoo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:43 pm

[quote=Cherrypickle post_id=1550288 time=1508353280 user_id=152787]
Online application: 29/08/17 priority
Biometrics: 30/08/17
Documents received back: 08/09/17
No contact from ukvi in terms of phone interview regarding employment or spouse relationship.
I emailed them for an update on 16/10/17, decision made reply.
Text and email received saying ready for collection: 17/10/17
Collection made: 18/10/17
Visa approved!!!

So sorry out of excitement I got the dates mixed up.
[/qu
Your timeline is same as mine only i didn't go priority

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello,my Hubby's visa was refused on the basis of genuine and subsisting relationship ,we have a fourteen months old baby,ECO stated that why haven't I visited my hubby after childbirth and why hasn't he visited ,We provided our marriage cert,photos of our wedding,child's birth cert,four months WhatsApp conversations but ECO said the WhatsApp conversations were not enough so we sent more than one year chats ,photos from 2015 for the appeal .How likely are we to win the appeal?The only reason for refusal is relationship.

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Arsalan28 wrote:
 Dear xxxxxxxx ,

That's great news bro duas with u inshallah will let u knw our news later wen we find out :)

Koumal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Koumal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 am

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting ive been reading everyones posts. Ive applied settlment visa for my husband.
This is the hardest time ever.
Im in the same boat as u all
I applied on 19 May 2017
Biometric done on 22May 2017
Email received application is being assessed on 5 june 2017
Email received case not straight forwad on 8 Aug 2017
Got a phone call from HO on 14 Aug 2017, was a good 20 mins call asked all about my work and marriage. My Employer also got a call from HO same day.
Then received email on 29 sep 2017 saying will try to make a decision before 31 Oct 2017.

This is really really frustrating, all this wait its so hard, i wonder if we do get a decision before 31 Oct or is this email just a forwad email to everyone. The HO are really annoying now.
Can anyone advise for what i can do?
I know i cant do anything but wait but its so hard

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:44 am

Guys just wanted to thank everyone for their duas i have some very good news my mrs visa has been granted alhumdulilah she just collected her passport frm visa office im sooo happy finally the long waiting game is over and i shall be reunited with my partner. Hope and pray 4 you all may you also hear good news soon !! Inshallah ! Ameen !! :)

Laiba1511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Laiba1511 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 am

Arsalan28 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:44 am
Guys just wanted to thank everyone for their duas i have some very good news my mrs visa has been granted alhumdulilah she just collected her passport frm visa office im sooo happy finally the long waiting game is over and i shall be reunited with my partner. Hope and pray 4 you all may you also hear good news soon !! Inshallah ! Ameen !! :)
Congratulations once again. Masha'Allah so happy for u. Keep us in ur duas. Did the UKVI contact u during the process of the application? Best wishes for the future x

Arsalan28
Pakistan

Post by Arsalan28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 am

Laiba1511 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 am
Arsalan28 wrote:
Congratulations once again. Masha'Allah so happy for u. Keep us in ur duas. Did the UKVI contact u during the process of the application? Best wishes for the future x
Thanks duas with you aswell and no they did not contact me or my employers during the process of the application :)

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 am

Laiba1511 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 am
Arsalan28 wrote:
Congratulations!!!! Inshallah i will hear good news soon too. Its taking forever :(

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am

Good morning guys, Thank you Admin for everything , when I feel down waiting for the VISA. I come here.
Updating my timeline again

Application online - 2/7/17 piority
Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17
not straight forward -24/9/17
called for escalation 6/10/17 (found out decision made on the phone)
decision made email 10/10/17 ( they stated decision made on the 25/9/17)

Today makes it 23 days decision was made but have not received passport or email for collection. Called VAC ysdy and was not given any information and was redirected to go online and call the same paid HO number or email. I was distrot. went to VFSglobal page to log a complaint and received this email today.

Dear xxxxx
We are very sorry to hear that you still have not received your passports. We do not understand why UKVI Sheffield has mail your passport to The British High Commission. Once a decision has been taken UKVI Sheffield mail the passports directly to the applicant address. We will contact The High commission immediately and will ask for your passports. Once we have more information we will contact you immediately.
Should you have any other question please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
xxxx

please the decision made applicants have you collected your passports and decisions ?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am
Good morning guys, Thank you Admin for everything , when I feel down waiting for the VISA. I come here.

Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17

Today makes it 23 days decision was made but have not received passport or email for collection. Called VAC ysdy and was not given any information and was redirected to go online and call the same paid HO number or email. I was distrot. went to VFSglobal page to log a complaint and received this email today.

Dear xxxxx
We are very sorry to hear that you still have not received your passports. We do not understand why UKVI Sheffield has mail your passport to The British High Commission. Once a decision has been taken UKVI Sheffield mail the passports directly to the applicant address. We will contact The High commission immediately and will ask for your passports. Once we have more information we will contact you immediately.
Best regards,
xxxx

please the decision made applicants have you collected your passports and decisions ?
Hi don't worry u will get your passport soon . this is their busy period that's why it's getting late I guess.
N can u plz check your visa4uk site status now n tell us what status it shows now as your decision has been made.

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am

Sydvir wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 am
SuperNkky wrote:

Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17

Dear xxxxx
Best regards,
xxxx

Hi don't worry u will get your passport soon . this is their busy period that's why it's getting late I guess.
N can u plz check your visa4uk site status now n tell us what status it shows now as your decision has been made.
Thank you Sydvir
I go there and i dont even know how to check? can you throw a light?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:07 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am
Sydvir wrote:
SuperNkky wrote:

Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17

Dear xxxxx
Best regards,
xxxx

Thank you Sydvir
You have to type your email address and then the password you used when you submitted your online application

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:15 am

SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am
Sydvir wrote:
SuperNkky wrote:

Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17

Dear xxxxx
Best regards,
xxxx

Thank you Sydvir
You have to type the email address and the password you used to submit your online application.

shanp1012
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by shanp1012 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 am

@Sydvir and @ak80 did u guys chk ur visa status recently?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 am

shanp1012 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 am
@Sydvir and @ak80 did u guys chk ur visa status recently?

Hi
I did check. It shows INACTIVE
And made an inquiry through a phone call after the 31st email.
It shows still "awaiting decision"