ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am renewing my leave to remaim 10 yr rule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Magnus
Newly Registered

I am renewing my leave to remaim 10 yr rule

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

I am struggling to understand the type of form to use to apply for renewal of my leave to remain on the 10 year rule. secondly, as I have lived here for nearly 11years working legally and paying full tax, do I still have to pay this £500 NHS surcharge fee?
I don't understand. Please someone who knows should advise me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I am renewing my leave to remaim 10 yr rule

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am

What is rhe exact visa you hold now?

What form did you use to apply for it?

What is your full immigration history?

Yes you have to pay IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

my residency is based on my children as a father after my wife refused to provide me with her work details as an eu family member after the 5yrs expired. Home office advised me on this 10 yrs rule and I have to renew it but no provision in any form advising renewal form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:33 am

I have moved your topic to the correct sub forum (where it is now).

So you are on the FLR(FP) 10 year Parent route, presumably your children are British.

FLR(FP) is the form to use.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am

thanks bro. Unfortunately they are not British yet even though they were born here. 10 and 8 years old. She refused to let them have it and she herself have not even resident permit because according to her, I will benefit from it if they have it. Latvian girl ''unlike other Latvian people who I have as my best people'' having lived there for 7yrs before coming here with her 11 years ago

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am

Magnus wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am
thanks bro.
I am a 'Miss' not a 'bro'.

If your children are not British, then FLR(FP) would probably not be the correct form but I am not sure. What exactly did you apply for before that you now want to renew??

You state 'renewing my leave to remain' so what does your BRP card say is your visa type and what form did you complete for your current visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am

on The card is written ''Resident permit'' and on type of permit, it says ''Leave to remain'' on the remarks, it says No Public Funds despite paying lots of taxes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:22 am

Magnus wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am
on The card is written ''Resident permit'' and on type of permit, it says ''Leave to remain'' on the remarks, it says No Public Funds despite paying lots of taxes
What form did you fill in when you applied for it?

Paying taxes DOES NOT mean you can claim public funds. Not sure why you think this is relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am

well, I'm not saying it because I hold it as the focal point of my enquiry. Just side comment my dear. actually I wouldn't know the name of the form I used. it was a solicitor that did it for me and he is no longer here

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 am

I kindly request you to please not call me 'my dear'.

The point was, paying tax does not exempt you from IHS for example or entitle you to any benefits unfortunately. They way you have written your post infers that as you are paying tax and lived here for x number of years, you should be entitled to something.

There are many routes on the FLR(FP), for example 5 year parent route, 10 year parent route, 10 year partner route, 10 year private life route etc. You are likely the latter one, but in the absence of knowing what you applied for, I cannot answer your question.

It might be worthwhile doing a Subject Access Request to see the records HO hold on you and your immigration history.

When does your visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)