ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aboveandbeyond
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by aboveandbeyond » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Extremely worried now after reading the timelines of people this forum, especially for applications made from the sub-continent region.

My wife (non-EU) applied on the 8th of September. At the time of applying I was quite positive that she will be in the UK by the end of this year. By the posts on this forum, it appears I am looking at March 2018.

I have a very strong feeling that EU citizens are being targeted due to the Brexit negotiations. Quite sad what the UK has become. Being a EU citizen of Pakistani minority in this country is proving to be a very bad combination :(.

Wishing all of you good luck; I hope the HO has mercy on people's lives and allows their loved ones to join them.

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Is there any way you can check your application status?

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 pm

yes of course there is a way ring them email them and wait for 20 working days you will have update :D

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 pm
yes of course there is a way ring them email them and wait for 20 working days you will have update :D
Even that's doesn't work. Lol
To me first they said decsion have been made and when I emailed them when can I expect passport back and they said your application being considered and awaiting decision.
This 20 days escalation means to keep us away from them for 20 days and when u contact again 20 more days. So basically escalation is nothing but fake promise that's keeps us away for 20 days...

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 pm

104 days passed, Applied fro Madrid, Spain (26-May-2017) :cry:

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 pm

125 working days, Manila, Philippines 24th of April 2017

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 am

Frankly its not 20 days. Its actually a month we are waiting each time after a so called escalation.

This is just a call centre and not sure whether they actually escalate or probably the other end is ignoring our cries from the sub continent.

Am sure it's intentional and nothing more.

6 months and more. Ridiculous

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am

Previously i used to get mail from UKVI.. But last few times gettin frm shefield.. Any idea what does that mean.. is tat mean any progress has happened in processing... :?: :?: :?:

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm
hi guys.. this is the mail i got today..

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

anybody else received this kinda mail?
Hi I received the same email 13 days agin

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

From UKVI or SHEFFIELD?

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am
Previously i used to get mail from UKVI.. But last few times gettin frm shefield.. Any idea what does that mean.. is tat mean any progress has happened in processing... :?: :?: :?:
If it comes from Sheffield, it means it is escalated. When I received this email from Sheffield at the last day of the escalation period, it was saying the same thing - they could not give a time frame but would forward the info to the clearance team, but the decision was made the next day, so someone did actually look at it.
Not saying it's like that in all cases but it did work for us.

When it comes from UKVI it's just the standard email from the teams who can't do anything.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 pm

TalitaZ wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
If it comes from Sheffield, it means it is escalated. When I received this email from Sheffield at the last day of the escalation period, it was saying the same thing - they could not give a time frame but would forward the info to the clearance team, but the decision was made the next day, so someone did actually look at it.

When it comes from UKVI it's just the standard email from the teams who can't do anything.
Thanku talitz.. got tis mail yest... hopin for a good result soon...

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm
This email means nothing I have got 9-10 these kind of emails everytime I ask status or complains.
Just very shocking behaviour from home office. They don't even have any excuse. I don't think they can be that busy or short staff that applications taking more then 7-8 months for only entry visa. Something must be behind this delay. No complains and escalation will work as I have complained many times and escalated 4 times. We have to think out together what options we can use otherwise never know when we will be able to see our passports.
Hello,
How long did it take for the home office to contact you after escalation? The "Home-office customer agent I just spoke to said it will take 20 working days b4 I hear from them.
He also made me understand that my application started counting the day i did my biometrics.
TBH, I don't care, all I want is my visa to be with my wife. The separation is killing.
Crying David😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm
baigbaig wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:36 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:

From UKVI or SHEFFIELD?
Sheffield

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Olajide1 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm
Enka2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm
This email means nothing I have got 9-10 these kind of emails everytime I ask status or complains.
Just very shocking behaviour from home office. They don't even have any excuse. I don't think they can be that busy or short staff that applications taking more then 7-8 months for only entry visa. Something must be behind this delay. No complains and escalation will work as I have complained many times and escalated 4 times. We have to think out together what options we can use otherwise never know when we will be able to see our passports.
Hello,
How long did it take for the home office to contact you after escalation? The "Home-office customer agent I just spoke to said it will take 20 working days b4 I hear from them.
He also made me understand that my application started counting the day i did my biometrics.
TBH, I don't care, all I want is my visa to be with my wife. The separation is killing.
Crying David😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Everyone crying who waiting so long including me. And waiting with hope :cry:

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Hi ranjutaj.
I also Received from shefield but didn't work anything. I am so upset that no way to fast the process tried everything and nothing working. But keep on trying that's all we can do. Best of luck everyone this wait isn't easy since we don't k ow how long more.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Anybody frm chennai city in this forum?
Hi enka and baig.. u ppl r frm which cities?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi ranjuraj.
I am from delhi.
To be very honest I feel that some conspiracy behind this delay. Was reading home office holding some applications for more then 2 years I think it was Uk residency application . So can't trust them anymore that how long they will take since they saying that they can't give timescale.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:12 pm
Hi ranjuraj.
I am from delhi.
To be very honest I feel that some conspiracy behind this delay. Was reading home office holding some applications for more then 2 years I think it was Uk residency application . So can't trust them anymore that how long they will take since they saying that they can't give timescale.
Whatever it is.. we are helpless.. wat can we do to get our applications processed.. if the delay is with residency permit tat s bettr bcoz atleast we will be with our partner then... but now :cry:

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 pm
I am from Pakistan

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm

TalitaZ wrote:
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:

It's two ears now that I received the same email saying forward my case to entry clearance team but unfortunately no any decision I received till date.

Like you stated that your received very next day after this email but I am still waiting even after this email and my wife had an accident and she is in sritical situation I provided letter from hospital and request to make descion as quickly they can but no any help it seems like they don't really bother someone die or not they have only jet black policy delay delay delay delay delay delay.........and delay

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm

TalitaZ wrote:
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:

It's two weeks now that I received the same email saying forward my case to entry clearance team but unfortunately no any decision I received till date.

Like you stated that your received very next day after this email but I am still waiting even after this email and my wife had an accident and she is in sritical situation I provided letter from hospital and request to make descion as quickly they can but no any help it seems like they don't really bother someone die or not they have only jet black policy delay delay delay delay delay delay.........and delay

sdk021
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdk021 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
hi bro im from chennai

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 pm

sdk021 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
hi bro im from chennai
Hi... Wen did u apply???

PETER09
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by PETER09 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Merzit wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 pm
104 days passed, Applied fro Madrid, Spain (26-May-2017) :cry:
Hi, Merzit

i also applied form Madrid in on the 15th of August and still nothing... When i applied the staff of the center warned me that the visas were taking much longer than usual... I also have a friend who applied in July for the EEA permit and still nothing.... I saw on the site that it can take up to 120 days for MADRID applicants.... So bad.... Please keep me posted on any changes... Regards and good luck