ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Docs for Retained Right of Resiidence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jessykwik
Newly Registered
South Africa

Supporting Docs for Retained Right of Resiidence

Post by Jessykwik » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:00 am

Hi,

I and my now ex-wife were married for about 4 years before the marriage ended. My ex has now left the country but that was after the decree absolute was issued. The marriage ended in August 2017.

I have all the necessary supporting documents with the exception of one photocopy P60 - I have 4 P60s in total; 3 originals and 1 photocopy.

3 Originals - 2014, 2015 and 2017
1 photocopy - 2016.

I also have all the payslips from when divorce was initiated through to when decree absolute was granted.

Anyone have any idea if the 2016 P60 which is a photocopy going to be a problem? Thanks.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Supporting Docs for Retained Right of Resiidence

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:49 am

Support it wth some payslips. 1st and last for that yr. And maybe add some bank statements to show that you received the pay. What about yr 5?
Remember that yr 1-4 p60s before divorce should be for your ex. And you provide evidence that you were in the uk during the period

Jessykwik
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jessykwik » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:49 am
Support it wth some payslips. 1st and last for that yr. And maybe add some bank statements to show that you received the pay. What about yr 5?
Remember that yr 1-4 p60s before divorce should be for your ex. And you provide evidence that you were in the uk during the period
Thanks Hstepper07

Unfortunately, I dont have any of her payslips in that year, 2016.
I however have her bank statements spanning those 4 years, though, not every month in that 4 years.

I also have joint tenancy agreement which covers those 4 years. That should show we were in the uk all those 4 years, I believe.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Just add whatever you can. They can verify it if they are in doubt. When I did mine, i did not submit originals of my partners p60s

Jessykwik
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jessykwik » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 am

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 am

Historical treaty rights is not required in Retention of Residence confirmation cases, although it may well be relevant in Regulation 15(1)(f) cases. In regulation 10 (5) cases, whats relevant is the position at the time of the divorce.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jessykwik
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jessykwik » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 am
Historical treaty rights is not required in Retention of Residence confirmation cases, although it may well be relevant in Regulation 15(1)(f) cases. In regulation 10 (5) cases, whats relevant is the position at the time of the divorce.
Very insightful... thanks Obie!
I am wondering if after fulfilling Regulation 10(5) and thus RoR confirmed, when the time comes for Regulation 15(1)(f), all those historical docs about the ex-spouse would ever be required again?

I thought they would thence only require you, the applicant's (Non-EEA) historical treaty rights?