ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other job offer while Tier 2 extension pending

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Other job offer while Tier 2 extension pending

Post by Shadydrive » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I have applied for my tier 2 extension (standard) about a month ago. I have just been informed that I have been invited for a final stage interview with another company (they have a sponsor license and have completed the RLMT as far as I am away).

Should I secure that job offer before my extension is granted, would it be better to
Option A. Immediately apply for the new visa (I believe this will "cancel" my pending extension application).
Option B. Wait for my first application to be approved and immediately apply the moment I get my BRP card.

1. If I decide to go with option A, will they be able to issue me with a COS if my first application is still pending?
2. If issuing the new COS is possible and I am able to book the 1 day premium service, after my new visa is approved, will I be able to serve the notice period for my current employer? Reason this will be slightly tricky is because my "original" leave (first visa) would have expired late September and obviously my new visa will be fore my new sponsor.

3. For option B, is the day I receive the BRP card the earliest day I can apply for the new visa? I know that one of the components of the application is that I will need to provide the BRP number (and obviously send it in the mail as well).

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Re: Other job offer while Tier 2 extension pending

Post by Shadydrive » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 pm

bump!

Shadydrive
Newly Registered

Post by Shadydrive » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

No one able to help?

Thanks

got
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by got » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:51 pm

what happened.?.. I may be wrong but you can start working with your new sponsor for less than 20 hours without needing CoS if you have valid leave to remain...
otherwise, again I am not an expert but you can withdraw the earlier CoS if not used and file the new sponsor one, but there is a risk of how your 3c would be affected.... also if you get reject from new sponsor CoS...
please update