ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa refused...HELP PLEASE?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SaidyS
Newly Registered

VISA4UK APPLICATION COMPLEX CASE!..HELP

Post by SaidyS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 am

Gm..my cousin applied for a 2year visa to come and visit us in the UK.
He's a detective in the Jamaican Constabulary Force for over 6 years. He had previously applied to visit us last year on a 6 month Visa but only spent 2 weeks.
However the family encouraged him to apply for a 2 year visa, to spend 4 months this year, it's been 2 weeks today since he applied and received an email stating that his case is complex. Could anyone shed some light as to what it means, or has anyone else received anything of the sort. Need to know what his chances are.
PS..he did not over stay on his last visit and when he applied for the 6 months he got approved within days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VISA4UK APPLICATION COMPLEX CASE!..HELP

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 am

It is a standard email that a lot of different visa applicants get.

Did he submit evidence of leave granted by his employer for 4 months to 'visit' the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am

Yes he did..i doubt he left any supporting evidence out😂😂.
He's just panicking as he's never had to wait this long or received an email with that context before. Just wanted info so I could reassure him to just relax and be patient.
How likely is it that he would get his application approved.
He also holds a 10 year American visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:11 pm

If he only ever visited once, HO might be curious why he now wants a 2 year visit visa to 'visit' for 4 months and the circumstances and authenticity of his holiday request to employer.

4 months is also a long 'visit'. Why does he need to visit for so long?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 pm

As he only spent 2 weeks on his last visit, he hasn't managed to meet all his extended families..we are literally scattered all over the U.K. This time the family had arranged to take a trip all together to a holiday resort and each had arranged to take him in and around the U.K.
I guess we're all excited and are all looking forward to seeing him again. And seen as though he's got us over here, we thought why not go for the 2 yrs instead of 6 months at a times..as it wouldn't be so cost effective.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Visitors Visa refused...HELP PLEASE?

Post by SaidyS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello admin,
My cousin applied for a visitors visa, to visit myself aswell as his extended family in the UK.
He had visited for 2 weeks after being granted 6 months last year..However we had decided that he should perhaps apply for the 2 years this time.
However he was refused based
You have stated in your application that you wish to visit your spouse and cousins for a period of 3months and 22days.I acknowledge the importance of family visits and have taken into account any compassionate circumstances and have provided evidence that your wife was pregnant. However you have not provided anymore evidence that your spouses circumstances in the UK and your marriage. I noted that you have also stated that your wife has temporary leave to remain in the UK. However u have provided no evidence of her current immigration status.In view of your wife and child being in the UK I am satisfied that this constitutes sufficient evidence that you have strong family ties in the UK.
You have provided sufficient evidence that you've been employed by the Jamaican Constabulary Force since 2010. However the letter provided make no mention of your leave being approved. I acknowledge the application for leave request provided by yourself for (90 days ) but no letter approving this.
In light of all the above, I am not satisfied as you your intentions and I am not satisfied that your genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months or that you'll leave at the end of your visit.
Any future applications you make will be on their individual merits. However are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application changes.
In relation to this application there is no right to appeal or right to administrative review.
My question is how do we rectify these points stated and can he reapply straight away?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visitors Visa refused...HELP PLEASE?

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:01 pm

No chance of a two year visit visa afer only one 6 monther.

Why didn't he show employer granted leave? Char did ask....

Also little chance of long-term visits being granted nowadays - aim for 2/3 weeks
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Re: Visitors Visa refused...HELP PLEASE?

Post by SaidyS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 pm

So if he applies for 6 months...wanting to spend 3 months is it still not possible?
Can he reapply straight away?
How can he prove that he has every intention of returning..as he does have children back home and he is quite comfortable in his job.
Really need pointers as to how to address the points that was outlined