ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devdas2017
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Devdas2017 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 am

Amirahb wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:56 am
SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am
Good morning guys, Thank you Admin for everything , when I feel down waiting for the VISA. I come here.
Updating my timeline again

Application online - 2/7/17 piority
Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17
not straight forward -24/9/17
called for escalation 6/10/17 (found out decision made on the phone)
decision made email 10/10/17 ( they stated decision made on the 25/9/17)

Today makes it 23 days decision was made but have not received passport or email for collection. Called VAC ysdy and was not given any information and was redirected to go online and call the same paid HO number or email. I was distrot. went to VFSglobal page to log a complaint and received this email today.

Dear xxxxx
We are very sorry to hear that you still have not received your passports. We do not understand why UKVI Sheffield has mail your passport to The British High Commission. Once a decision has been taken UKVI Sheffield mail the passports directly to the applicant address. We will contact The High commission immediately and will ask for your passports. Once we have more information we will contact you immediately.
Should you have any other question please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
xxxx

please the decision made applicants have you collected your passports and decisions ?
Hi supernkky I just wanted to know what is the email address that u sent your complaint to in the vfs global Trinidad and Tobago because I am in the same situation . Would really appreciate a reply . Thank you
#supernkky

My wife call and they said your decision made on 29 September and its take 10 working days to ready for collection but after 13 working days I didn't hear anything and straight away go to the VFS where I submitted my passport and I shocked that the passport already there and they did not email me for collection and the last date of my visa is 03-November so my advice is you should go to your VFS where you submitted your passport tell ask to give your passport back

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by SuperNkky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 am

Devdas2017 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 am
Amirahb wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:56 am
SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:46 am
Good morning guys, Thank you Admin for everything , when I feel down waiting for the VISA. I come here.
Updating my timeline again

Application online - 2/7/17 piority
Biometrics - 12/7/17
escalation - 13/9/17
not straight forward -24/9/17
called for escalation 6/10/17 (found out decision made on the phone)
decision made email 10/10/17 ( they stated decision made on the 25/9/17)

Today makes it 23 days decision was made but have not received passport or email for collection. Called VAC ysdy and was not given any information and was redirected to go online and call the same paid HO number or email. I was distrot. went to VFSglobal page to log a complaint and received this email today.

Dear xxxxx
We are very sorry to hear that you still have not received your passports. We do not understand why UKVI Sheffield has mail your passport to The British High Commission. Once a decision has been taken UKVI Sheffield mail the passports directly to the applicant address. We will contact The High commission immediately and will ask for your passports. Once we have more information we will contact you immediately.
Should you have any other question please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
xxxx

please the decision made applicants have you collected your passports and decisions ?
Hi supernkky I just wanted to know what is the email address that u sent your complaint to in the vfs global Trinidad and Tobago because I am in the same situation . Would really appreciate a reply . Thank you
#supernkky

My wife call and they said your decision made on 29 September and its take 10 working days to ready for collection but after 13 working days I didn't hear anything and straight away go to the VFS where I submitted my passport and I shocked that the passport already there and they did not email me for collection and the last date of my visa is 03-November so my advice is you should go to your VFS where you submitted your passport tell ask to give your passport back
I called and was told the Sheffield rep there is on vacation and won't be out till monday. I just pray my visa was approved and I don't miss the deadline because that might be another wait. This is not fair.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 am

press1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:19 pm
ak80 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm
Please update
Anyone who has applied on January from srilanka heared any sound from the H/O after 31st October email???
Thank you
Hi
I applied from Sri Lanka on June and nothing heared from HO. Not straight forward mail or 31st October mail. Did you hear anything from HO?
I got not straightforward on march and 31october mail.
No response other than that.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am

ak80 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 am
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
Please update
Anyone who has applied on January from srilanka heared any sound from the H/O after 31st October email???
Thank you
Hi
I applied from Sri Lanka on June and nothing heared from HO. Not straight forward mail or 31st October mail. Did you hear anything from HO?
I have called HO last Wednesday but there is no proper answer. Just said still under processing. Didn't you call or email HO to check your application process. It's being so long waiting for you since January. Don't know when we will get our visas. Hope for the best.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:31 am

press1977 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am
ak80 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
Please update
Thank you
Hi
I have called HO last Wednesday but there is no proper answer. Just said still under processing. Didn't you call or email HO to check your application process. It's being so long waiting for you since January. Don't know when we will get our visas. Hope for the best.
Yes I have done everything I can.

Called and emailed them no reasonable respond.
I think they have not taken the Srilankan applications yet.

This wait is so harsh. It feels like we all living in a virtual prison.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am

ak80 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:31 am
press1977 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am
ak80 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
Yes I have done everything I can.

Called and emailed them no reasonable respond.
I think they have not taken the Srilankan applications yet.

This wait is so harsh. It feels like we all living in a virtual prison.
Yes so true. This waiting is so uncertainty bcz after this long waiting we still don't know we gonna get the visa or not. But i saw here some sri Lankans also got their visas. This process is about pure luck. We can't do nothing other than waiting and having good hope everyday.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 am

Is it? I haven't seen them🤔
Pls update if you get any news mate
Our prayers will work hopefully 🙏

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am

Hi guys!

From reading your posts i understand some of you have sent emails to UKVI where you have ad a response on position of your application. Please confirm what email address this is? I have not emailed them before. I guess it would be good to have something in writing right?

Can anyone help me on this...

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:50 am

Preeti0602 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am
Please confirm what email address this is? I have not emailed them before. I guess it would be good to have something in writing right?

You can help yourself on this since all you need to do is read gov.uk website -> https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

There is no email address you can contact UKVI.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 am

Preeti0602 wrote:
Hi guys!

From reading your posts i understand some of you have sent emails to UKVI where you have ad a response on position of your application. Please confirm what email address this is? I have not emailed them before. I guess it would be good to have something in writing right?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english
Click this link

Sadfaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sadfaz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 am

@sydvir

I tried using the link you have provided earlier on today but its giving me an error. not sure why.

The error is :
" Not allowed: Cannot be set to Nil/NULL; Incident.CustomFields.c.country.ID".

I haven't been charged for it either.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 am

Sadfaz wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 am
@sydvir

I tried using the link you have provided earlier on today but its giving me an error. not sure why.

The error is :

Hi
When you click that email option
It will automatically go to the page to pay your initial payment
Then only you can email them
Anyhow what's your country?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am

Hang on there guys, 31st oct our hope, 11 days to go! Not so bad hey, weekend over 9 days to go. If it makes you guys feel any better :D please be strong and never lose hope. :mrgreen:

Sadfaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sadfaz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 am
Sadfaz wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 am
@sydvir

The error is :

Hi
When you click that email option
It will automatically go to the page to pay your initial payment
Then only you can email them
Anyhow what's your country?
Hi,
I tried. I got to end when I submitted it gave me the error.
I applied from PK.
I called the home office today. they said I should hear within 30 working days. fingers crossed I will hear something from them next week.

Laiba1511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Laiba1511 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

@sadfaz

Hi, my timeline is similar to yours...

Online application: 26/09/2017
Biometric Islamabad (priority): 29/09/2017
Sent docs to Sheffield: 05/10/2017
Received back from Sheffield: 11/10/17

Do keep us updated please as and when u hear from the HO. All the best xx

Preeti0602
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preeti0602 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 am
Preeti0602 wrote:
Hi guys!

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english
Click this link
Thank you, I've sent an email. Fingers crossed they reply back. That way i have everything in writing to fall back on. I'm getting fed up of being told something different each time i call them.

Amirahb
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Amirahb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 am

metanoia wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm

You and I both. I'm trying to track my passport and decision. Guys any help?
SimonS wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 pm
Well, my journey is not quite over but finally I can share that my Wifes Application for Spouse Visa was GRANTED!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

It was granted on the 13th July, vignette issued 21st July to 20th August!!!

Thank you so much to everybody who suppported, advised and shared our journey. We are especially grateful because we did not use an agent or a lawyer and when we needed help it came from you guys.

I wish everybody who is still waiting the very best of luck and will be keeping my fingers crossed that you all get positive news soon.

Right, now the not so good news and everybody who has applied from Russia TAKE NOTE.................

My wife still does not have her passport back. She went to TLScontact today in St Petersburg Russia and demanded it back. They told her they did not have it.

I called my MP. My MP called Sheffield, they told my MP the Visa is granted that is how I know the decision and the dates of the vignette. They sent everything to Russia last month already and do not know why my wifes passport has not been returned. They are genuinely shocked and will follow up very strongly with the Consulate and TLScontact in Russia next week to find out what has gone wrong and get my wifes passport returned immediately. They are also willing to grant special dispensation if necessary due to the unusual circumstances.

PLEASE NOTE: My circumstances were regarded as exceptional because the decision was made and the Visa issued weeks ago and is already part expired. That is the only reason they shared the decision with the MP. Do not expect to be treated similarly unless you find yourself in this position.

Honestly, my life is turning into a soap opera. I'll update you on the next installment of the saga when you tune in next week lol

Cheers
Simon
This is from another thread, but same thing happened with another member.

You need to contact your MP, go to VFS office, Call them. Any possible way you can contact and put pressure on them. Ask for your passport. Problem in all this delay is by the time you'll get the passport your vignette will already be completely / part expired. If it expired and you haven't registered complaints officially you'll have to spend extra money and wait more time to get vignette renewed.

I hope you get your visas soon.
Hi, I complained at the vfs centre yesterday and they said they will track my passport . The lady got back to me saying that my passport is at the British embassy in Trinidad but the person that is dealing with my case is on vacation, she won't. E back till Monday so I will hear back on Monday or Tuesday !

Amirahb
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Amirahb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am

metanoia wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm
SuperNkky wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm

You and I both. I'm trying to track my passport and decision. Guys any help?
SimonS wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 pm
Well, my journey is not quite over but finally I can share that my Wifes Application for Spouse Visa was GRANTED!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

It was granted on the 13th July, vignette issued 21st July to 20th August!!!

Thank you so much to everybody who suppported, advised and shared our journey. We are especially grateful because we did not use an agent or a lawyer and when we needed help it came from you guys.

I wish everybody who is still waiting the very best of luck and will be keeping my fingers crossed that you all get positive news soon.

Right, now the not so good news and everybody who has applied from Russia TAKE NOTE.................

My wife still does not have her passport back. She went to TLScontact today in St Petersburg Russia and demanded it back. They told her they did not have it.

I called my MP. My MP called Sheffield, they told my MP the Visa is granted that is how I know the decision and the dates of the vignette. They sent everything to Russia last month already and do not know why my wifes passport has not been returned. They are genuinely shocked and will follow up very strongly with the Consulate and TLScontact in Russia next week to find out what has gone wrong and get my wifes passport returned immediately. They are also willing to grant special dispensation if necessary due to the unusual circumstances.

PLEASE NOTE: My circumstances were regarded as exceptional because the decision was made and the Visa issued weeks ago and is already part expired. That is the only reason they shared the decision with the MP. Do not expect to be treated similarly unless you find yourself in this position.

Honestly, my life is turning into a soap opera. I'll update you on the next installment of the saga when you tune in next week lol

Cheers
Simon
This is from another thread, but same thing happened with another member.

You need to contact your MP, go to VFS office, Call them. Any possible way you can contact and put pressure on them. Ask for your passport. Problem in all this delay is by the time you'll get the passport your vignette will already be completely / part expired. If it expired and you haven't registered complaints officially you'll have to spend extra money and wait more time to get vignette renewed.

I hope you get your visas soon.
Hi, I complained at the vfs centre yesterday and they said they will track my passport . The lady got back to me saying that my passport is at the British embassy in Trinidad but the person that is dealing with my case is on vacation, she won't. E back till Monday so I will hear back on Monday or Tuesday !

Sadfaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sadfaz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Laiba1511 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am
@sadfaz

Hi, my timeline is similar to yours...

Online application: 26/09/2017
Biometric Islamabad (priority): 29/09/2017
Sent docs to Sheffield: 05/10/2017
Received back from Sheffield: 11/10/17

Do keep us updated please as and when u hear from the HO. All the best xx
Hi,
My timeline is :
Online application: 15/09/2017
Biometric Islamabad (priority): 21/09/2017
Sent docs to Sheffield: 21/10/2017
Received back from Sheffield: 05/10/17

I will keep you updated. Hope we will hear something soon :cry:

Tochalta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tochalta » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Biometric: 1 march 2017
Case not straightforward: 30 June 2017
31 october email received

I have lost all hope. Visa rejection at this point would be too much. I would just give up. Took two months to just receive the A1 language test results that i needed to apply for spouse visa. I am very unlucky in life nothing ever works in my favour. Hope the ones from November/December 2016 get their decision and those from January/Feb 2017.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Tochalta wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Biometric: 1 march 2017
Case not straightforward: 30 June 2017
31 october email received

I have lost all hope. Visa rejection at this point would be too much. I would just give up. Took two months to just receive the A1 language test results that i needed to apply for spouse visa. I am very unlucky in life nothing ever works in my favour. Hope the ones from November/December 2016 get their decision and those from January/Feb 2017.
Didn't you submit your A1 results with your application?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Please anyone tell me are they strictly checking on sponsor's accomadation?

As for my knowledge sponsor should have a one bedroom flat.
Is it too important?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 pm

This thread is to discuss visa waiting times and not accommodation requirements.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:32 pm

ak80 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Is it too important?
Yes
And you have to certify it from an estate agent or from local council.
Hope you have included it

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:32 pm
ak80 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Is it too important?
Yes
And you have to certify it from an estate agent or from local council.
Hope you have included it
Yes we have included them.
Just to verify. Thank you