ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration to NZ

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umers36
Newly Registered

Immigration to NZ

Post by umers36 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:39 am

Hello All

I would like to know about immigration to NZ. I am an IT professional with more than 9 years of experience from Pakistan.

Do NZ authorities accepts only recognized degrees or they accept private degrees as well. What is the process of verification? And how much time it will take to process and get the Permanent residence?

Kindly advise

Regards
Umer

custodian

Re: Immigration to NZ

Post by custodian » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:10 pm

umers36 wrote:Hello All

I would like to know about immigration to NZ. I am an IT professional with more than 9 years of experience from Pakistan.

Do NZ authorities accepts only recognized degrees or they accept private degrees as well. What is the process of verification? And how much time it will take to process and get the Permanent residence?

Kindly advise

Regards
Umer
Check out NZQA (New Zealand qualifications authority) website. This should tell you whether your degree is at the required NZ level.

I do not believe that NZIS ever checks the authenticity of a degree if you have done the NZQA comparison already.

Processing times depend totally on how long it takes to verify your claims.
It took 4 weeks or less for my residency because all my documents and claims were NZ based. I believe providing them with evidence from Pakistan will taken them some time to be verified.